Software
Houzz Logo Print
beespurple

my brand new kitchen

12 years ago
so how do you like it? we knocked down the wall between the old dining room and kitchen to create a big open kitchen space.

Comments (19)

  • 12 years ago
    Perfect - just the color cabinets I think I am going to go with.
    beespurple thanked janj1008
  • 12 years ago
    Very nice! The colors are muted enough that it's easy on the eyes.
  • 12 years ago
    thanks... I'm looking to add bold accent color with accessories and on the walls.. any ideas? I thought maybe a deep purple.. or artwork with red Orange and purple? or I maybe l should go with blues? there's too many choices...
  • 12 years ago
    It looks a bit like two condo kitchens put together. Multiple cooks?
    The finishes look nice and neutral. I'd keep the accessories neutral and go with white or cream ceramics.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Looks very nice! I too found it interesting with double cook ranges and where's the fridge? Definitely opened up the space a lot! Great idea.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Certainly interesting to see two ranges in the same kitchen! I look forward to your impressions on your set-up vs having a more "traditional" larger unit (48" - 60").
  • 12 years ago
    this is a kosher kitchen... we have separate areas for meat and dairy cooking.... and here's a photo of the other side... with the fridge
  • 12 years ago
    mmilos.... I think I like your idea of keeping the accessories neutral....but you don't think it'll be boring??
  • 12 years ago
    A deep pumpkin orange would look great with the neutral browns and tans. I'm not sure how purple would look, but if you found the right shade, I'm sure it would be beautiful. Even a green apple green would look nice and work well with a pumpkin orange.
  • 12 years ago
    hayleydaniels - i already did orange in my laundry room - check it out! the purple idea came from entering to win this kitchen aid mixer from an hgtv sweepstake!!
  • 12 years ago
    I love the orange--so rich, warm and cheery--just what you need to have when doing laundry. -:)

    With the purple, one way to incorporate it into your kitchen would be with flowers, and pictures of flowers in those shades. You could also find some Roman shades with that color for your kitchen window and door window, along with a couple of nice rugs.

    BTW, the only thing I've ever won is a Paul McCartney album when I was 13.
  • 12 years ago
    Creams, lavenders and deep purples would look nice with the kitchen. I would first select a fabric you like for curtains/shades or chair cushions...one that coordinates with the dark browns and beiges you have in the cabinets, floor and counters - something with pattern and different colors. Then use the other colors in that fabric for inspiration as you choose your accessories.
  • 12 years ago
    What a beautiful kitchen-impressive and classy-laundry room is so creative....
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    That's a nice upgrade on the kitchen. Looks much more modern and energy efficient.
  • PRO
  • 12 years ago
    INTERIOR MOTIF- you're right... we're looking into window coverings - and i like the way yours look... but they don't seem so practical -i need ones that are easy to clean! i'm leaning towards faux wood/vinyl 2" slat blinds, unless you have another good idea....
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Now THAT'S how you make a dark kitchen look light and airy! Great job! Beautiful dark cabinets coupled with easy to live with counter tops and matching b/s + floors that are almost identical. The lighting is white/blue instead of yellow which keeps the "dark and dreary monster" away! Very nice.
    beespurple thanked Cancork Floor Inc.
  • 12 years ago
    It is beautiful. So good to see someone doing something other than white. Orange or red accessories would really make it pop. I totally disagree with those who said to stay neutral. Accessories are easy to change. Have fun with it.