0
web_user_

What else?

web_user_
September 20, 2014
What else does this space need? I don't have a ton of wall or floor space, but it's lacking something for sure.

• Margo
    I would pull that sectional out a bit from the wall and put a floor lamp in the corner behind it. ;)
  • gigirambles
    Some color that pops.
  • Margo
    How about some natural woven shades for the windows;)
  • Margo
    I would also replace the huge ottoman with a smaller round coffee table;)
  • web_user_
    Those are great ideas. I was thinking about the floor lamp. I think my husband would shoot me if I took away his huge ottoman. This is more of a relaxed causal area. It just needs a little spunk!
  • Margo
    Fall is coming;) How about an autumn throw?
    Bedford Cottage Camelot Autumnal Throw Blanket · More Info
  • Margo
    A little spunk;)
    Faux Mink Fur Throw Pillow (Set of 2) · More Info
  • Margo
    Can we have a close up of the art in the niche?
  • web_user_
    It needs to be hung, just sitting there at the moment.
  • web_user_
    I don't need to decorate around him, he will eventually go in the man cave. Just getting him off the floor at the moment.
  • Margo
    OH- from the distant shot I thought it was a nude women lol lol ... the opposite';)
  • web_user_
    Lol!!! Is that why you wanted a close up!? Just kidding!
  • Margo
    Art is so personal. I find it hard to suggest art unless you know the person and their tastes.
  • Margo
    LOL- ROFL
  • Margo
    How about a lamp like this?
    Uttermost 28591-1 Worland Arc Floor Lamp · More Info
  • web_user_
    I agree art is subjective. My husband is a vet that loves old history war stuff. Sometimes tough to work around. The colors in the Washington picture don't go with the current colors AT ALL. That's why he'll go down stairs with all the dark bold colors.
  • web_user_
    That's pretty cool!!
  • Margo
    Lite Source LP-1508 The Dogs Picture · More Info
  • chuppi
    It is kind of a cute space...since it is kind of small & odd it is a good idea to use same tone wall art & accessories like the pillows u have used..good job there! Please post some photos of the other side of the couch as well for the houzzers to get a complete picture of the room :)
  • Pam
    Definitely window treatment. A colorful fabric roman shade, the throw suggestion was great and also more colorful pillows.
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    Paint on walls! Add more color by painting, adding more throw pillows or throws. I agree with first comment on adding lamp....see pic.

Have you thought about adding an area rug? You can draw color inspiration from painting (but not required). It has nice tans, reds/rusts and blues though.

Enjoy!

Projects · More Info
  • gioamorim
    A nice wallpaper with some color to it would make a big difference!
    Decorative Philosophy
    ART & PILLOWS!!!!!
    Staged for Perfection
    Love those pillows Decorative Philosophy! Do you sell them?
  • chuppi
    Hello Emily Z., if you could just hang the tv on wall & remove the unit below it.....low ht cabinet could be used if storage necessary.
  • chuppi
    Hello Emily Z, it will be great to use
    -Lustrous metal accessories- nice big vase, shiny metal pendant , some patterned mirrors on wall to create illusion of space.
    -Wall shelf with artifacts to add depth.
    - Textural richness in pillows & rug.

Since the space is small creating interest using the light tones becomes keen !
  • chuppi
    Could even bring in a dash of your favourite colours after the basic tone is set!
    Jarret Interior Design
    Art, roman blinds and some colored pillows plus a big tray for the ottoman.
  • mdmarkow
    Contrast paint the sloping ceiling
    Ventless Fireplace Pros
    Do you have a fireplace? This would visually warm up the space. Ethanol fireplaces are smoke and odor free so they require no vent and require no gas line or electricity so you can install one anywhere. See more at http://www.ethanolfireplacepros.com/freestanding.html

Magnum Wall Mount Ethanol Fireplace · More Info

Eco-Feu Wynn Biofuel Fireplace · More Info

Lexington Tabletop Bio Ethanol Fireplace - Anywhere Fireplace · More Info

Chantico Stone Bioethanol Fireplace · More Info