Software
Houzz Logo Print
lehubb

Help with kitchen backsplash

11 years ago
Need to decide on a backsplash for this '50s ranch kitchen remodel. A few things I'm considering:
1. We originally wanted an updated '50s feel (hence the slab doors, etc.) so I was thinking about 4x4 white tiles with an accent band 1 tile up. Thoughts?
2. We don't know how long we may stay in the house so don't want to do anything too crazy.
3. It's pretty contemporary so something that may soften it up?
4. Glass tile is out for me.
5. I did see Daltile has 4x4 white tiles and many colors to choose from for an accent liner. I like bright colors but I fear I put myself in a place where that would look strange.
6. I'm not the type of person to want what's "in style". I want this kitchen to last and not be a victim of a fad.

Any advice would help! Thanks!

Comments (16)