rodaniel

Relocating Walk-In Shower Water Lines

Rob O'Daniel
October 20, 2014
Working towards a redo of our Master shower, which is currently one of those old tiled, walk-in, corner showers that were so popular 30-40 yrs ago. (Something like the attached photo, just much less nice looking.)

The water supplies, valve, and showerhead are on one of the short exterior walls, so even tho the shower's footprint is fairly generous, you end up mostly cramped into the back corner to get wet. I don't want to totally disrupt the rest of the room, so I'm thinking of tearing what I have out and gong back in essentially the same footprint, but with glass walls to visually open up the space.

My house is on a slab foundation, so I'm assuming that it would be prohibitively expensive to move the water supply lines under the floor. So my big question is: could I snake the supply lines thru the curb from the side wall to the back wall (roughly 3 ft) to get the showerhead located where it makes most sense?