Software
Houzz Logo Print
kennebunk12

House plants

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Do like house plants or to prefer a plant free house please comment after you vote
House plants
no plants

Comments (18)

  • 11 years ago
    Plants add a finishing touch to a room. They must be scaled correctly to the surroundings, and kept in good shape.
  • 11 years ago
    I do not like plants indoors. My cat chews on them and then you know what;((
  • 11 years ago
    I've had a variety of house plants for forty years - despite their popularity or unpopularity at times. Some are sentimental attachments - given to me by friends or on long ago birthdays. They've had great light and flourished in some houses and languished in others but several have been with me for 30+ years. I often give what are considered "annuals" a shot at over-wintering in my sunroom. Boston fern drives me nuts with its dropping leaves but I've had Persian Shield which is three years old and a woody plant now. They're interesting but can be a pain in the butt to maintain indoors. But I guess for me, they're a plus otherwise they would have been given away or composted.
  • 11 years ago
    Try to keep them alive. Don't overwater. But when they look less than great, toss them!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    No plants anymore. My wife had at least one right after we were married.
  • 11 years ago
    Have to have a few hardy specimens. African violets, ferns, some foolproof pathos, a cyclamen in winter. They help me get through the cold weather.
  • 11 years ago
    Pothos!
  • 11 years ago
    Yes, plants and flowers. But for me, artificial ones. Only problem is the really nice looking ones cost a bundle!
  • 11 years ago
    Costco. You can find large ones for $20! Home Depot also.
  • 11 years ago
    Yes. :)
  • 11 years ago
    I have a few houseplants and I love them. They brighten up my home and make excellent decorations. Margo if you ever wanted a indoor plant their are specific ones that don't make pets sick. :)
  • 11 years ago
    Yes I have 2 plants,one is a snake plant. They are fantastic for idiots like me who forget to water them. I water every 2-3 weeks.
  • 11 years ago
    I love my plants and find them easy to have around.
  • 11 years ago
    The very best thing you can do for a houseplant is to forget to water it for two or three weeks as overwatering is a killer! Wait for the wilt!
  • 11 years ago
    I have wonderful sunshine so my two large plants and one small cactus are looking great, even though I definitely don't have a green thumb. They add color brightening up our gray WI landscape.
  • 11 years ago
    I love houseplants but few survive my cats. I miss having huge plants throughout. It feels less like home without them.
  • 11 years ago
    My cats don't touch the plants, but I can't have tinsel on a Christmas tree. One of the cats likes eating it and the .....end result....isn't pretty!