Software
Houzz Logo Print
gmbpab

Backsplash

14 years ago
What is the backsplash?
Jennifer Brouwer Design Inc · More Info

Comments (34)

  • 14 years ago
    what is the backsplash??
  • 14 years ago
    Did anyone get a response to this question?
  • 14 years ago
    what is the tile backsplash
  • 14 years ago
    Does anyone know the name of the backsplash and where to find it?
  • 14 years ago
    I also love the backsplash. And would like to find out what it is
  • 14 years ago
    wish someone would share backsplash details!
  • 14 years ago
    I would like to know the name of the backsplash also!
  • 14 years ago
    I would like this information also! Anyone??
  • 14 years ago
    Me too!!! Building a house and this would be great with out counter top.
  • 14 years ago
    How can you find out about the back splash. What is the point of asking the question if no one answers
  • 14 years ago
    Pretty sure the tile is Arizona Tile Golden Gate stacked stone...
  • 13 years ago
    My cupboards are espresso, counter is Giallo Ornamental, floors are natural bamboo - what colour backsplash would you recommend???? The kitchen is open to the liv room & dining area & the vibe is a little on the modern side. Thanks.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I couldn't find the one in the picture so I have white cabinets with Giallo Ornamental and went with Lint Tibet Brick Mosaic Sunet and the middle with the small squares is Rocky Beach.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks allenpark I'll look it up :)
  • 13 years ago
    for some reason I couldn't attach the pictures but if you want to see some picture give me your email and I will send to you!
  • 13 years ago
    really like the backsplash here too and would love to know the name/type of tiles. Also wondering if dark wood flooring with the rest of the same combination would look good
  • 13 years ago
    I found something very similar in Phoenix at Bedrosians Tile and Stone. It is called Random Linear Mosaic and there are 3 color variations (am attaching pictures)
  • 13 years ago
    Also, this is travertine and has a smooth finished ... some polished and some honed. Nice clean edges and small grout lines. It has varying widths and lengths for the tile.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    i was just looking at Bedrosians Tile and stone online. This backsplash looks like the Peruvian blend
  • 13 years ago
    here is an image of the Peruvian blend from Bedrosians. its pretty close. I love the backsplash in this kitchen too and have been searching all over for it
  • 13 years ago
    I did use this on my back splash and that is exactly what it looks like installed. We absolutely love it. Here are some pics ... we still need to do the floor
  • 13 years ago
    looks gorgeous Anne!
  • 13 years ago
    Anne Till thank you for sharing your kitichen pics. I love it. looks beautiful. I live in the mIdwest. so I am gonna contact them to see if they will sell to me. thanks again
  • 13 years ago
    Mine is called Storm Random Linear Mosaic. http://bedrosians.com/catalog/p=TRVSTORMLNR. We chose the lightest variation because we didn't want as many dark pieces. But there is still a lot of color variation and several dark pieces. I even took several of the less pretty grey pieces out and replaced them with ones that were prettier ... I probably drove my tile guy crazy) . It was less expensive to order it through Superior Stone and Cabinet Inc than to get it directly from Bedrosians. Also, they wouldn't split up a box and I think there were 25 S/F in a box. Since I have such a big backsplach, I ended up with 75 S/F (and not too much left over), which weighed 345 lb. They shipped it overnight from California and I picked it up from the Bedrosians store even though I ordered it through Superior.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for the info, now im confused which one I want. the Storm looks nice too. my cabinets are antique white like the pic in houzz. Its hard not to actually see the tile. are the three photos you attached prior of the different color variations, is one of them the Storm and one the Peruvian?
  • 13 years ago
    My husband and I went into the store and looked at the 3 styles. We both thought that the difference was the amount of dark pieces in the mix. I'm pretty sure that the Storm was the one with the least amount of darks (the bottom and lightest picture in the set that I posted 7 months ago). All we had to go by was the 12"x12" sample that they had on the floor so it was hard to choose based on that.
  • 13 years ago
    I posted some pictures in my last post of different areas in my kitchen. You can see that we did get quite a bit of variety in the pieces with the Storm And again, there were several dull gray pieces that I took out and replaced with prettier pieces so this is lighter than the original. For our grout, we used Sahara tan as shown in the pic. For the seal (which I applied after the tile guy was done), I used the Enhancer Pro first (being careful not to get it on the grout) and then the Impregnator next. Its been almost 7 months and it still looks like the day it was installed ... except that the tile guy grouted with regular grout on the counter-backsplash interface. He should have used silicone or something because the grout is cracking on the interface (especially around my main sink) so I'm going to have to go back and re-grout the interface with a silicone based product that matches.
  • 13 years ago
    Our kitchen was somewhat difficult since we had two cabinet colors. Also if you don't want those ugly white light switches, then you can use ModPodge and scrapbook paper to make your own (google it for instructions ... I have included pics or ours below) or Floor and Décor had some inexpensive switches made out of resin switches that looked very much like travertine ( http://www.flooranddecor.com/switch-plate-covers.html)
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you for all the info that is very helpful.
  • 7 years ago
    Has anyone found the name of this backsplash? I know it’s been a while but I really like it
  • 7 years ago
    Megan ... I think what I put in was pretty close. I provided info and pictures in 2013. Wow ... has it really been that long since I remodeled my kitchen!!! I still love everything that I did.
  • 7 years ago
    Mine on right vs theirs on left. Hard to tell if the color differences are because of lighting/camera