Software
Houzz Logo Print
kauferdesigns

Would you use wine barrel for your flooring?

The different hues are beautiful, we also used it for the breakfast bar countertop.

Comments (17)

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Nice use for wine barrel. I've never seen this done before. I do like the varying colors. Warm feel. Great! :)
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked zazfuzzroc
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Definitely love the aged look! It gives a nice homey feeling to the space and adds character!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Water Wall Biz, LLC
  • 11 years ago
    What about the curve in them? I'd be concerned they'd pop out of the floor. If it wasn't for that, I'd use them, just don't want a potential problem.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    No, they are straight solid wood flooring tongue and groove planks.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I'm confused. Is the product called "wine barrel" or is the wood sourced from old wine barrels?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    heck yesssssss! Looks amazing I love the color in the wood.
    -Angeline, GKB
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    They are actual salvaged wine barrels and stained from the wine.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Here, you can check out their site.
    http://www.fontenay.us/vintageBarrelCollection.cfm
  • 11 years ago
    Beautiful
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    very nice. Good job
  • 11 years ago
    Looks fantastic!
  • 11 years ago
    Very nice!!! Gives a warm, cozy feeling!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Yes haleydaniels, I'd be concerned too. Wine barrel stays are not only curved, but wider in the middle than the top and bottoms. So, my guess these have been run through a kiln (or something) to get them flat and machined to make them all the same width, then tongue and grooved. They look really nice though.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Such a neat idea!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Here's one that I did about a year ago. One of my favorites because it was so different! This one still had the markings, which I thought was really cool. I learned a new word that day -cooperage! lol.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I think it's a beautiful material and I imagine a total pain in the butt to make into flooring as wine staves are not the easiest thing to work with! But it looks fantastic!