Software
Houzz Logo Print
kauferdesigns

What can be done with a pile of vintage bottle caps?

Homeowners wanted a modern take to a retro vintage style.
Vintage bottle caps with glass subway tile blends both the vintage and modern look for a unique backsplash.
Orange, yes orange glossy flat panel door fronts with white panels adds a funky fun flare.
Particle/chip panels are used for the floors, inexpensive and gives a retro modern relaxed feel.
Retro lighting was a perfect fit for this funky styled out kitchen.

Comments (45)

  • 11 years ago
    Love it! Fun and original. The kitchen is beautifully designed. The bottle caps put it over the top though.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked kjdick
  • 11 years ago
    Great! Love it!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Dar Eckert
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Very unique, it looks great!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked SoCal Contractor
  • 11 years ago
    Love it! So colorful, yet is not loud.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked handymam
  • 11 years ago
    Different, and interesting, I love it! Where did you get all these caps from?
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked tw123456
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    you can lay them all out on a table, counter,floor or bar top and we can clear coat it with crystal clear epoxy over it to make it level. https://m.facebook.com/LiquidRevolutionEpoxy?ref=bookmark
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Nice! That is a great kitchen, too, btw.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked User
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    we can do this with all sorts of things change & photos and other small objects
  • PRO
    11 years ago
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I like the shot from a little distance, I know if you just walked in that kitchen you would have to get a closer look at the caps!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Oh come on...this is too cool!!!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Neat! I wish the whole backsplash was done in this.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Very cool!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    i have made a coffee table for a buddy of mine. the rope was framed in mahogany and vintage beer cos were placed tightly as a surface inside then glass placed over top to seal them in. it made a nice centerpiece for his "man cave"....
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked TVL Custom Woodworking
  • 11 years ago
    I like it! I'd be interested to see how bottle caps would look set on a blue mirror and then epoxied in.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked ruralal
  • 11 years ago
    I would enlarge a print to wall size and then frame it.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Leslie Hansley
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks for the info Kelly ;0).
  • 11 years ago
    so creative! great work!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Walt McC
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I can do that for you rurala!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Thank you for sharing your projects - if you have pictures I would love to see them. Being creative and thinking out side the box is awesome, you all rock!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    This is awesome. I love unique ideas like this.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Love it !
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Studio NOO Design
  • 11 years ago
    Fantastic!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked abkrol51
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    We nail them upside down to a board and put it at the back door to scrape the mud off our feet.
  • 11 years ago
    Naw that don't work...use this...
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    When you are poor, can't afford cast iron. Nice piece though.
  • 11 years ago
    My brother in law has been saving beer bottle tops for years. Think he was planning on making a patio tabletop from them...but I'll def. show him this! They are talking about doing a kitchen reno soon, too. Very cool!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked rredpenn
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Every once in a while someone comes up with a simple but brilliant idea. Today is your day, well done!
  • 11 years ago
    Love what you've done with the bottle caps, its just perfect
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked duneya
  • 11 years ago
    I love it Kelli! Great work.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Depo
  • 11 years ago
    My first thought was using them like tiles in a mosaic and creating a design. I like this better for this application. Save designs for table tops or art pieces. How are the caps mounted and finished in the backsplash?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    We used a stick mat to adhere to the wall and grouted it with regular tile grout.
  • 11 years ago
    I never would have thought of this and am surprised at how much I like it. Really fun and creative.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked marilynellis
  • 11 years ago
    This is what I call "making something your own" and creating something lasting that will always connect you with the home. Fabulous!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked n247080
  • 11 years ago
    make a lamp shade
  • 11 years ago

    What a great idea Kelli ! A back splash doesn't usually bring a simile to my face but this one did. Creative, fresh and fun !

  • 11 years ago

    Good work!

  • 11 years ago

    Fabulous use of bottle caps :) if you have an extra 3,984 bottlecaps you could make this pong table



  • 11 years ago
    That is truly inventive--a terrific pop of color to set off your other finishes!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Very cool application. Check out Dakota Pratt, an artist from here in Austin, for more design ideas using this medium. Nice job!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    That is so cool! Great idea!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Lovely!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Cool!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Fantastic idea!! Great transformation!