Software
Houzz Logo Print
miriam0408

Drapes!!!

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
I think i dont like the dark brown drapes!!! Should i go with a creamy lighter color?

Comments (19)

  • 11 years ago
    Yes, I love brown but this is too much IMO.
  • 11 years ago
    Yes, and hang them as close to the ceiling as possible. They make 96" panels or you can have them custom made. And I agree with groveraxie to keep them more open
  • 11 years ago
    You should change out the drapes. I would choose something close to white so they won't blend in with the painted wall. Also, to make your window look bigger you would want to hang the curtain rod higher. Just make sure your new drapes accommodate the new height.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    For continuity it's nice to have the window treatments coordinate with your wall color. So I would incorporate your wall color as the background of the fabric. Also, I think it is too "solid" with your accent pillows. Mixing fabrics and colors creates a nice layering effect.
  • 11 years ago
    Would like to see the drapes the same colour as your wall. Would make the room look and feel more spacious. Agree with groveraxle about replacing the chocolate pillows with a patterned medium tone.
  • 11 years ago
    I agree with all the above comments. Keep drapery close to the wall colour, open them and hang close to ceiling if possible. Patterns in the cushions. And if the wall behind the sofa is a darker brown (not sure... could just be shadows?) paint it to match the other walls. You have good basics, it's going to look great!
  • 11 years ago
    totally agree with all of the above; I'd go with much lighter curtains (even off white) and also I would lose the dark "accent wall" and lose all the dark pillows and switch them to lighter color but with possibly some pattern to make it more pop out and interesting. You have great canvas to work with. Changing the accent colors is so easy and will make a night and day difference to your space.
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks for the input. The wall behind the sofa is a grayish/plum. Ive gotten larger rods and definitely hag them higher
  • 11 years ago
    Definitely lighter color and hang the rod closer to the ceiling. This will bring your eye up and make the space seem larger.
  • 11 years ago
    I would go with a pattern with some color in it.
  • 11 years ago
    Raise the curtain rod. Lose the dark leather chair or move it away from the window. Swap out pillows to have a fun bold pattern and consider a larger area rug.
  • 11 years ago
    Yes lighter color for drapes and more open. Throws and pillows too.
  • 11 years ago
    put some pattern and color..
  • 11 years ago
    I happen to love brown. Honestly the only thing bothering me about your room is the recliner. And maybe I'd remove the wine holders and just leave the mirror. The arrangement is too heavy. If you do replace the drapes, IKEA has some cute patterned ones and they are low cost.
  • 11 years ago
    YES, lighten up the drapes -- pick a fabric that has texture, not too thin.
  • 11 years ago
    Start rod out past the windows so that you can have more window showing when you pull them open.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Agree on changing them out to a custom fuller panel and a lighter color
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Lighter color get my vote