Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timsan

Would like ideas for window treatments

timsan
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Our kitchen/eating/great room is one open space. I would like to do window treatments in family room space (probably panels) and possibly Roman shades or panels in nook window and then Roman over kitchen sink. I think i would need to keep the fabric consistent. Print? Solid? Sheer?

Comments (19)

• timsan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Panoramic view
  • emilyam819
    9 years ago
    Looks like you have a lot of neutral and need some pattern.
    timsan thanked emilyam819
  • PRO
    Jacque O Designs
    9 years ago
    The spaces are spread out enough that you would be able to use coordinating fabrics if you wanted to. I, personally, have roman shades in my home and love them. It does look like you need some pattern to break up all the white. You could accessorize with coordinating pillows on the sofa and chairs. In the dining room you could coordinate the fabric pattern by having seat cushions made out of coordinating fabric.
    timsan thanked Jacque O Designs
  • User
    9 years ago
    I would also like pattern though it can be subtle. The fabrics for window coverings don't have to be identical, companion fabrics with complimentary colors and patterns will work also. You can tie patterns together with throw pillows.

Traditional Kitchen · More Info
    Golf Club Renovation · More Info
    Vintage Kitchen · More Info
    Forest Hill home · More Info
    timsan thanked User
  • rababar
    9 years ago
    I would leave them bare. The outside is all the pattern you need
    timsan thanked rababar
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 years ago
    If all windows are seen yes keep the same. I like roman, and also roman with panels on ends. Big windows.
    timsan thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 years ago
    You could go pattern with some accent color.
    timsan thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    9 years ago
    You could do sheer romans with patterned curtains in the LR and then fabric translucent romans matching the curtains in the kitchen.
  • PRO
    Jacque O Designs
    9 years ago
    Another idea if you don't need privacy, which roman shades provide, is to use mock roman shades that will give the room some color and just frame the top of the windows. The corner window in the living room can be made with a roman shade that has a hinge to make the corner.
  • timsan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I was thinking the living area needs softening with panels...but linen seems too heavy. Also considering Schumacher Arbre Chinois Porcelain with wovens underneath.
  • timsan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Fabric then coordinate with geometric pillows, blue chairs or sofa
  • PRO
    Jacque O Designs
    9 years ago
    Beautiful fabric!
  • PRO
    Jacque O Designs
    9 years ago
    I like the idea of the panels in the living room with roman shades. Not sure that wovens wouldn't be too casual of a look. It would be beneficial if you could take some more photos in your living room of the furniture pieces and the corner window. The idea of using geometric patterned pillows is a good idea.
  • timsan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    horizontal stripe linen for panels/romans?
  • timsan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Panels over woven shades
  • timsan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Alternate blue/white in cotton/linen blend (heavier)
  • bungalowmo
    9 years ago
    timsan...I was thinking the same thing about your living room. It just looks like such a light, breezy room!

I was picturing white louvered shutters on the bottom half of windows & long, flowy sheers...they do make lightweight linen!
    timsan thanked bungalowmo
  • User
    9 years ago
    I also wanted to mention that your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous!
    timsan thanked User