0
amanda_leigh

Need help with my exterior!

Amanda Leigh
The exterior of our house desperately needs to be updated, so we are going to start with the siding and brick. You can't see it well in the pic, but the previous owner tried to paint the siding and brick by himself, and it needs to be redone. We are having someone come to paint our siding, since replacing it is too costly at this point. To make it easy, I was going to have it painted white again, but I would actually like to change the exterior color, including the brick. Here are the issues: I'm not sure if I should use the same color on the siding and brick or two different colors and I'm not sure what colors I could use that would go with the existing white trim and black roof and shutters (since I won't be changing those). Any suggestions would be very welcome!

• betsyweisberg
    Sandywoods Farm · More Info

Love this color combo!
  • houssaon
    For a more updated look, try a warm taupe instead of white on the siding. I've seen it done on around where I live and it is quite stunning.

I wouldn't touch the brick. I'd leave the shutters black and do all other trim in a "warm" white (including the space under the two top windows with the overly long shutters.)

Good luck!
  • kimfed
    I'm no expert on such things, so it would be nice if the community could weigh in, but the Sandywoods Farm picture betsyweisberg posted has a lighter roof and the OP's roof. As far as not painting the brick, the OP said it has already been painted poorly by the previous owner, so it has to be repainted.
    Hi Amanda, I agree with houssaon for not touching the brick, you might want to try painting the siding a darker gray and see if that's enough update for you.