rosepedal_gw

Were going saturday!!! :)

rosepedal

To pick up the second Hfgh...Yahoo Yippe...The work begins atatching the two together....Funnylady I hope you are still out there..We will more than likely need your help... :) Barb

• greenhouser2

Two 8 by 10s or two 6 by 8's? :)

• funnylady

I'm still here. And still not sorry that I joined my 2--10X12 HFGH together. Love all the room. Only thing is that I want to join another one to the first 2. DH says I'm nuts, he's not taking the dogwood tree down. So much for that.

What colors should we paint our brick house (and no we're not going to

With your gray, white and black color scheme, red or burgundy is a natural choice for the front door. A bright grassy green could also work. Keep the trim around the door white, porch dark gray. Continue the white on your siding in back, or else go with soft gray with white trim.

Don't Give up Your Saturdays

River Valley -- I agree. When we did the major building on our home for the initial 18 months, it was very tempting to work all seven days, but it didn't take long to realize that we weren't working at top capacity, because we were tired, and we couldn't see our way to a day off. Ironically, by taking a day, or even half-day of rest, we rejuvenated enough to get through the rest of the week. Cottage Craft -- you are welcome. Stay rested!

Go Big or Go Small? Chandelier confusion!

Here is a dining room I designed last year. It reminds me of your situation. Previously, the chandelier was centered in the middle of the room. They wanted to enjoy the fireplace and use the room not just for dining. It was what we called a "library dining room." I suggested moving the chandelier and table to the window side, so the fireplace could be enjoyed and seen. ......and yes, they wanted a round chandelier with a rectangular table, so that is what they got.

You Don't Have to Go Big to Go Fabulous

Happy Saturday friends! Wanted to share the blogpost of our latest kitchen makeover. We are a local cabinetry, countertop and custom woodworking studio. We work with homeowners, interior designers and contractors to create fabulous spaces from kitchens to laundry rooms to bars and more. We'd love to hear from you if you're ready to start the process of creating beautiful, comfortable and efficient spaces that reflect who you are and how you do life. Be sure to like our Studio 912 Facebook page for fun, inspirational and creative posts. http://studio912reclaim.com/our-latest-kitchen-remodel-you-dont-have-to-go-big-to-go-fabulous/
  • rosepedal

Hi Greenhouser and funnylady!

They are 2 10 x 12;s greenhouser..I grow brugs and need more room here in zone 4 for them...Lol I hear ya on the trees..We have to take down a nice oak and my favorite maple that is a nice tree...What we do for our plants...hahah We have a old wood stove we replaced from the house...We are going to put it in there for really cold nights to help out on heating...I am really excited to have more room...The first one has all shelves in it so I am hoping to keep the second one for bigger plants...I called the store yesterday to reserve it...The manager said you must really like the HFGH your buying another one...:) I wonder how they are package now...Al doesnt want to take the trailer and just put it in the back of the truck....

• greenhouser2

I hope you take some pics to share with us once it's together and your plants are in it. :)

• mudhouse_gw

Congratulations Barb! I hope you can post some pictures too. I'm jealous of the space you and funnylady will now have...no room here for me to add on, so I will have to enjoy seeing what you do.

Maybe it's for the best. I'd be a dangerous woman with another 120 square feet of plant space...

Seems like I read they still ship in cardboard boxes, but no protective steel cages like they used to ship in several years ago. We just loaded ours in the back of our pickup truck too.

Keep us posted!
    Sheri

• outdoorfan

Hi Barb,
    I'm also in Wi!!
    I bought a 10x12 HFGH last fall and am considering the
    same thing! You can never have too much room. I'm wondering how you put your shelves in. There are alot of options and to be honest I am not real sure how to lay it out. If you could take a photo and post that would be great.
    Thanks,
    Terri

• rosepedal

Hi Everybody!

Al is off tommorow so we are gonna pick it up..Can you believe they are calling for snow this weekend..Lol Thanks Sherri I am really excited to have more room...With such a short growing season here I need two ghs for plants to bloom...Hi Terri! Nice to meet you...I will take some later today for you....Al built the shelves he even had a guy email him and asked to build him some...That was a nice compliment..:) We are gonna take the truck..thank you Sherri I was not sure if it would fit in the back or not....You all have a great day...:) Barb

• mudhouse_gw

Barb, finally managed to look it up. Unless they have changed it, the box should be 8' long by 25" by 13"...or thereabouts. Good luck!
    Jealous Sheri

• outdoorfan

Hi Barb,
    When we picked mine up last fall it was in a cardboard box and yes, it fit in the back of a pick up truck.
    Do you use your greenhouse year round? If so, I would love more information on how you do it. We'll be putting mine up soon and would like all the insider HFGH knowledge I can get before we start.
    Terri

• rosepedal

Hi Sherri and Terri! Thanks for the info that makes me feel so much better...Terri yes we do heat it all winter..I take the plants out in spring and they dont go back in till fall...I am thinking I will have to get a different heater now with more room...We heat using natural gas..It seems to be the cheapest route for us...You will love having a gh in Wi..What part of the state are you from ?...We are in Waushara county..:) Barb

• outdoorfan

Hi Barb,
    No option for natural gas here. We are in the country and have propane. It would be great to have it up and running year round but I don't think that will be an option for me.
    I start alot of annuals and veggies. Just got into a new hobby of Hosta seed growing and that starts very early in the season...think October-November!
    I'm in Rock county just outside of Janesville.
    Have fun tomorrow :)))

Terri

• funnylady

Hi Barb
    Good luck with starting the add on to your HFGH today. I'll be gone most of the day but will send you some pictures this evening.
    Carol

• rosepedal

Goodmorning Everyone!

Toni I lived in kenosha county for several years before moving to the cabin up here..We went yesterday and picked it up..With the 20 percent coupon it was 520 before state taxes...Sherri they do package them differently now...We dont have to get rid of the steel cage they used to have..:)...Al and Myself were able to get it off the back of the truck with no problem..Shooo :) Carol we still have to remove two trees yet before we can start...They are calling for snow tommorow..Lol Now that it is here I am really starting to get excited and I keep looking at carols pictures and really get excited a lot more...I cant wait to have more room...Yesterday al and I gave all our brug plants a good bath with a pump up sprayer..There was hardly any room for both of us in there... Lol Hey maybe I will actually be able to have a chair now...:) I will take pics and you all can see what I mean....Barb

• rosepedal

{{gwi:293182}}

{{gwi:293183}}

{{gwi:293184}}

{{gwi:293185}}

{{gwi:293186}}

{{gwi:293187}}

{{gwi:293188}}

{{gwi:293189}}

{{gwi:293190}}

Toni here are the pics of the benches al made...You can see there is no room left at all...Lol Those two trees behind the gh are being taken down for the add on one...It is very much a working gh...I filled it in less than a year...:)Barb

• mudhouse_gw

Relieved to see the antlers are still in there...I was afraid they might have been crowded out by the happy plants!

Tell Al to be sure the trees fall away from the greenhouse as he takes them down... ;-)

• rosepedal

Lol Sherri antlers are still there..Thank you for the nice comments...Al is cracking up..:) He says to tell you he hopes they fall right...Lol :)

• outdoorfan

HI Barb, Thanks for posting the pictures. The shelves are just perfect. Your greenhouse is very inviting and I'll bet its great in the winter. Just a few more questions if you don't mind. How far apart are the shelves? It looks like you have plenty of room between them for lights. That's what I need. What temp. do you keep the greenhouse in the winter? What temp do you think it would be if you just used the sun? Wishful thinking I know in Northern Wi in the winter. Do you have running water? If so, could you send me a picture of the sink area? Thank you so much for all your time with this. I do appreciate it. Lots of snow coming your way it looks like. They are predicting 7 inches for us. Will it be spring after this one???? Please???
    Terri

• rosepedal

Hi Toni!

Yes the shelves are at different heights I do have lights out there...We made the shelves fro different size plants...I dont have a sink area but do have water..We turn the water off in the winter time due to the freezing ground...We just turned it back on yesterday..:)Temps this winter in the gh were at 60 or above...We insulated the crap out of it so are heating bills were not bad at all..That is why we are adding another...The sun I have no idea as we heat...I hope this helps some....:) Barb

• milwdave

Hi Barb. I see you use one of those 'bullet type' heaters in there. Is that a Propane or electric heater? If propane, how much use do you get from a filled tank? and what temps do you try to maintain in there? Nice job on the benches.

Dave
    Milwaukee

• rosepedal

Hi Dave nice to meet you! I remember seeing your posts when we first started out...:)

It is a natural gas heater...We ran a line out there from the house...I keep my temps no lower than 60 during the winter...We took everyones advice and insulated it very well I think sometimes too well...Our gas bill was not bad at all in dead of winter....We even insulated around the base like stressbaby said to do...:) Thank you for the compliment on the benches they are tied into the walls so the walls dont move at all... The only bad thing I need a step stool to water in winter time...I just climb on the benches to water..Lol I keep forgetting to buy one... Barb

• rosepedal

Oh that is the back up heater Lol I thought you meant the other one..It is kerosene heater...I did have the pilot light go out on me once this winter thank goodness for the back up was in there...:) I have that on a theromstat at 60 too...Barb

• outdoorfan

Hi Barb,
    Just wanted to find out if you've got your project started yet and how its going???
    Terri

• rosepedal

Hi Toni!

We cant tear apart the back wall until the weather is warm enough here to move the plants to their permament location... We are removing the maple this weekend...We are thinking of keeping the oak for shade reasons... I hope we can start in late may or early june.... Have a great day! Barb

• rosepedal

Well just a update..:) Al is off this week no work boo hoo... Weather here is really warm...We hoped to cut the tree today but it has been raining cats and dogs all day... Hopefully this week we can cut the tree and mark out the area and place the base down...

Now I know alot of you are gonna have a heart attack..Lol but we did not put down a foundation on the last one..It is placed on bricks only... We will be doing the next one the same way..So far everything has stayed square... knock on wood.... Hope you all are having a great growing season! It is so much fun other than aphids what a pain in the rear...LOL :)

• rosepedal

We managed to miss the gh as we took down the maple but the garden fence was in the way as I was pulling..Lol

{{gwi:293192}}
    {{gwi:293194}}
    {{gwi:293195}}
    {{gwi:293196}}

• rosepedal

{{gwi:293197}}

Update..:)))

We have to run to the big city.. We need to get 6.0 mm bolts for the reinforcement cedar 1 x 4's that go on the sides of the gh... We did get all the doors made and windows too...I hope you all are enjoying your gh's in spring! Barb

• funnylady

Hi Barb
    Nice start, you'll have it done in no time. And I know that you will love having more room. Just take your time now that the weather is nice. Getting to hot down here in Florida already. But I can't take the cold up in Michigan anymore been down here to long, 37 years. Good luck, keep posting pictures.
    Good Luck
    Carol

• rosepedal

Thanks Carol :) We would have never of thought of it without you..You were our inspiration....I hope it doesnt get too hot for you...I received a trade from a very nice gwer yesterday who is from florida too...She sent a box and filled my new gh already..:) We got the roof up last night..Today are the cedar braces all around..Than the insulation tape all over the channels... Will keep you posted...Barb

• rosepedal

Update:

They are connected together now..:) Still working on it...Trying to take time for other garden projects too...Mangaed to get one vege garden in...Hope to have a ll the panels in today...Have a great day everybody! Barb
    {{gwi:293198}}
    {{gwi:293200}}

• mudhouse_gw

Wow, I'm so jealous, and happy for you too! I know it's a lot of work, but I'm sure you'll have double the pleasure now (maybe even triple.) Good job and congratulations. (Good job on leaning the tree in the right direction, too.) ;-)

• funnylady

Hi Barb. Looks great now to fill it up. Boy that don't take very long and then you'll want another one like I do.
    Good luck
    Carol

• rosepedal

Thanks Sheery could have never built the first one without your help... We built them together..Remember...Neat! I love your blog...:)))

Carol thank you for inspiring us to do it... Wow there is lots of room for al's antlers to hang and to bonk me on the head again..LOL

• big_moorlygho1

Nice setup with the shelfs. Your plants look very healthy congratz. One question. Now that you have experance filling greenhouses will you fill this one faster? OK I lied second question after you fill this one can you con hubby into a third? LOL In all seriousness everything looks great
    Regards Scott

• rosepedal

Thanks Scott :) Alot of the plants came from gardenwebbers or the seed did to start them... Lol no 3rd one! This is my first year coming into spring with a full gh.. It is alot of work..:) Thanks once again have a great holiday...Barb

• rosepedal

Well another update..Lol We are building another one....But not on our property..hahhah

Actually we are building two together... We met a master gardener and she asked us to build them for her....

Gotta spread the HFGH Happiness... I must admit I truly like them with support of a few boards... lol Where else are we working class gonna afford a greenhouse this size...lol

• funnylady

How are things going for everyone. I'm still in the greenhouse but I added the 3rd one about a year ago . Hubby says no more room for a 4th one or I would do it. Let us know how everyone is doing PLEASE

• mudhouse_gw

Hello funnylady, good to see you posting again! Is the third greenhouse attached to your first two, or is it separate?

My greenhouse is doing fine. I can't wait to unload it in a few more months, as I can barely ooch sideways in there this time of year. Many will be moved out to their summer homes on our patios as soon as the weather permits.

Every winter I say, "there is absolutely no way I can ever fit any more plants in this thing, this is the complete and total LIMIT," and the next fall I'm still finding ways to stack even more in there, to get through the winter. I guess I'm going to have to build a second floor with an elevator.

It's an illness. ;-)

• saturn3600

Hi funny lady, can you post a pic of the 3 greenhouses? are they joined together? Would love to see them.

• funnylady

Yes they are together. Making a 10X36 greenhouse.

love them, but have no more room for another one.
    And I'm gettimg old and can't do as much as I use to. But I'll never give up.

• funnylady

I can never get them to post on here. but the 3rd one is added like the second one was. But now I have doors on both ends. Makes it easer to get to my storage HG in back of my husbands Storage shed.