jimvan973

Silicone grease for hfgh door

javan

Well, after continuous fighting for years against my 6X8 hfgh door, I finally followed the advice of someone here on the forum and applied a coating of silicone grease to the runners on the door. Guess what happened! Instant easily sliding door. I've been thinking about this for a long time and finally got the grease at an Ace hardware store today. It took a few minutes to apply, but made the door slide more easily than ever. It will be interesting to see how long it holds, and how often I will have to reapply it, but for now I'm quite happy with the results. Jim

• greenhouser

We sprayed some kind of silicone on the tracks on our HFGH door's tracks and so far so good.

• milwdave

The spray will not last long and the carrier in the spray MAY damage some of the plastic parts of the door...but I can't be sure about this. The grease will last about a year....here in the cold north it is the only thing that seems to work for my door in Winter as well.

Dave
    Milwaukee

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m

I have used graphite-based lubricant before for sliding alum. tracks.
    They also make Teflon-based lubricant.

dcarch

Meadows Farms
6 Reviews
DC's Full-Service Landscape Design Company | Best of Houzz Winner