Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarauzyami

Grey walls with a beige or ivory sofa?

sarauzyami
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
I want to paint the walls of my new living room a light grey with white crown molding. My floors are like a rich oak color laminate wood. Can I incorporate a beige or ivory sofa or do I have to stick to a white one? Thank you sooo much!!!

Comments (25)

• PRO
    Refreshed Designs
    11 years ago
    Absolutely you can pair the two! Gray is the new white; you just need to pick the right one. Go for a warm gray to play up the oak undertones. Or go opposite with a silvery gray to add a contrasting punch.

I did a post on gray's with suggestions here: http://refresheddesigns.blogspot.ca/2012/05/find-it-friday-perfect-gray-paint.html.

Good luck!
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much for your reply! I want a light and airy home but was afraid of making wrong color choices. I think I will go with a light silvery grey and a variety of whites and creams!!!

Thanks!!!!
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    That sounds absolutely gorgeous, sarazyami!
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Feeny!!!! Will post once completed.
  • PRO
    Refreshed Designs
    11 years ago
    So glad you are going for it! Would love to see how it turns out.
  • PRO
    Jennifer Ott Design
    11 years ago
    sarauzyami, by all means, beige, ivory, and gray are all neutrals and can work with each other and any other colors (think of them as your favorite pair of blue jeans that you can wear with any color shirt). A beige or ivory sofa would be fine in a gray-painted room, here's some inspiration images: http://www.houzz.com/photos/living-room/beige-and-gray
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much Jennifer!! I loved the example using a pair of jeans! I now understand exactly what you mean by it being a neutral and it can go with any color. I'm sure you can tell I am not a professional decorator but I admire all who are. It is a wonderful talent. I will certainly add a punch of color somewhere. Thanks for the inspirations!!!
  • jannielee
    11 years ago
    I love Jennifer's inspiration pics. Every room is Neutral Ina gorgeous and interesting way. My favorite is the one with some charcoal gray walls. I recently renovated my husband's offices using all neutrals. Beige, taupe, charcoal gray and black with sort of toffee color wood tones and some mango wood. I added lots of different textures and finishes which added so much interest. For a home, I love adding a medium blue to the same neutrals in small doses like a throw pillow or a vase. Good luck with your project.
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 years ago
    Definitely you can pair it , see the attached Shot !
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 years ago
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 years ago
  • PRO
    Sheila Rich Interiors, LLC
    11 years ago
    Gray is a very neutral palette and goes with lots of colors, so it’s wise of you to put this on the largest area of the room. It may be hard to match the shade of gray, so you can consider using a contrasting fabric color on your sofa which will add punch to the room. Or you can go with an ivory sofa and add colorful throw pillows for spark.

If you haven’t already painted the walls, you might want to choose your sofa first and then find a shade of gray paint that will coordinate with it. Good luck with your project!
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Jannielee for all your wonderful tips. Sounds like your husbands office must have turned out spectacular!!
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    11 years ago
    Gray and ivory are classic and elegant together.
    Manhattan Beach Haven · More Info

Sounds like a great space.
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Vikrant Sharma Homez. The picture definitely gives me an idea what the color combination would look like.
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Sheila Rich Interiors for your advice. The area I am looking to paint is a good sized living and dining room. I want to go contemporary, minimalistic and airy. Was thinking of light grey on the walls, ivory sofas and a rich chocolate brown dining table. Hope it all works together!
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much Charmean Neithart Interiors. I really love the picture you posted.
  • PRO
    Sheila Rich Interiors, LLC
    11 years ago
    That will be beautiful. I wouldn't mind seeing some red or tourquois accents in the room.
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks again Sheila. Tourquois for sure!!!! I have always loved that as an accent color!!!
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    Just another pretty gray and ivory room with dark wood that made me think of your question:
    1041 EL · More Info
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Betsy! Love the grey on the wall and the white molding!!!
  • sarauzyami
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Feeny for the new pic!!
  • emilylinda
    11 years ago
    Having a nice sleeper sectional in the home or office serves so many different purposes. Of course, first it is a sectional sofa which makes arranging the so room much easier. Because it has individual sections the decoration possibilities are much greater and you will find that arranging them to fit the room is a snap.

A sectional sleeper sofa also has that hidden purpose. It can fold out to be a bed. Now there are countless scenarios when a sleeper sectional comes in handy.

These sofas are not only meant for smaller living rooms but they look very nice in spacious living rooms. Custom leather sectional sleeper sofas look very nice when placed in a straight position in larger room. This setting is usually done in offices and waiting rooms as well.

Find out how a sectional sleeper sofa can be the perfect choice for your decorating project at http://yoogla.blogspot.com/2012/12/sectional-sleeper-sofa.html
  • malvistoria
    11 years ago
    Tufted Sofa

Sofa is that furniture piece of a house that speaks volumes about the preferences, personality and style sense of a person. Hundreds of sofa designs are there to choose from while there are some people who pick sofa to match with their existing room decor.

A Tufted Sofa with leather has its own unique class and appearance. Leather covered sofa is very fascinating to those not price conscious but collectors of quality and expensive items. Moreover, due to the development in leather tannery industry the unique shades are available for sofas. Now you can select a color or shade that matches with your existing theme or décor and you can get that color of your choice in leather.

Cheapest Suppliers of Leather Sofas In The USA you can Visit http://stoores.blogspot.com/2012/12/tufted-sofa.html