Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nadarashdan_gw

Rainbow Knockout Rose HELP

nadarashdan
9 years ago

Hi there,

So I am a beginner with gardening. I picked out a few knockout roses from Lowes, the double red ones - and those are doing great with very little maintenance. That made me ambitious, so when I found a couple of Rainbow KO roses on sale at Lowes for $5- I purchased two 1-gallon pots. They were not doing so well when I bought them, which explains the $5 price. They had powdery mildew which I sprayed with a DIY oil vinegar detergent water mix, this turned the leaves blackish but removed all the mildew. Some roses were starting to rebloom but the the stem, stalk, leaves, and older blooms just looked so bad that I just decided to cut everything back. I cut off all the leaves, the buds, everything. It was very unsightly and I could not take it anymore. Now I am wondering if I made a mistake. It was probably about 2 1/2 feet tall when I bought it but miserable looking and shriveling now I have two stalks with branches branching out, no leaves or flowers, that are about 1 foot tall with thorns but green. My thoughts were honestly to give it a chance to grow healthy - a new start. Do they have a chance??

Comments (4)