Software
Houzz Logo Print
bartshouse

Do you know where I can get a dog like the one that looks like a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog?

14 years ago
I would like to get a Greater Swiss Mountain Female like the one in the picture, but I would like to Get one that is somewhere from a rescue between the ages of 6 months to 15 months old. I have read that GSMD that are older than 18 months old do not make good rescue dogs.My Cocker Spainiel is having serious seperation anxiety as he has lost my wife and three other canine companions in the last four years and I have some issues with only one dog, this is the first time since I got married 32 years ago that I have had only 1 dog. I would be very appricitive for any help that anyone might afford me. email, (gdgifts@q.com).
Puppy Tweets · More Info

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You can get one in Nova Scotia Canada. Look in kijiji.ca and look under Bernese Mountain Dog.
  • 13 years ago
    I own a Berner and they are the most wonderful dogs in the world. I live in Canada and got him from Golden Breeze. You could also go on the Bernese Kennel Club of America or Canada and they will ist breeders. Good luck hope you get one.
  • 13 years ago
    Own one too - as well as a English Bulldog, Boston Terrier and I cant tell you how amazing Bernese are. Most affectionate dog in the world!
  • 13 years ago
    I love my bernise mt. Best dog ever. My neighbors breed them
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yes the berese is an amazing Dog!!! Calm, Quiet, and obedient when trained from a very young age.I think anyone who is concidering a Bernese should know that they have an inner and outer coat that makes them very warm and therefore they should be kept in a cool climate. Mine loves to be outside the most when the temperature is near the freezing point. Once it warms he finds the weather very uncomfortable and constantly searches for a cool place to lie down. They would not be a good dog for a warm climate. They do shed a lot as well which is good to know if you are thinking about getting one.
  • 13 years ago
    The Bernese Mountain Dogs ( Bernersennenhund) are the cutest puppies ever and wonderful family dogs, BUT do not like to be left alone, too often, They need and want physical contact, often sitting at ( or ON) your feet. BIG dogs!