Software
Houzz Logo Print
wrensnesthomes

LOVE the magnetized wall

14 years ago
How did you do it? Is it magnetized paint or painted metal? I have read that the paint is ineffective. Thank you!
Cliffside Drive · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Hello
    It works very well, provided you apply enough coats of the paint, about 5 on average depending on which product you use. I can't remember the exact brand we used here, but there is one such paint available form Home Depot, which I have used on other projects with great results. No less than 5 coats + 2 coats of your regular paint for color and washability on top. Also, the quality of magnets (neodymium) used is crucial. Hope that helps.
  • 13 years ago
    I love the magnetized wall!!!!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Awesome!
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Hi Natasha- I am considering a magnetized wall for our office. Curiously I found this same photo on a website for magnetized wall panels (http://diamondlifegear.com/pop_ups/magnetic-board/magpanel-displayboard-34.html) and was suprised that I could not see any seams and the wall sconces and even outlets were installed in their metal panels with no trouble (I thought perhaps there was some photoshopping involved). I was about to email them regarding the install details and then I found this image/thread on houzz! Perhaps diamondgearlife.com grabbed this image for their website and are using it as false advertising? I want a similar look in my office and if it as simple as magnetized paint I would be thrilled! Thanks so much.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Hi Alison. Thank you for this. I haven't gone on their website but it does look like they are using it under the pretense that it shows their panels. Not sure but they should not use the image in any case. As far as your project, just read the previous comment I made some time back. It does work very well, provided you use you don't skimp on the number of coats and you use the Neodymium magnets (other magnets work too for light weight things, paper etc... Then no problem at all and so great to live/work with I find. Best,

    Natasha