Software
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

6 Fantastic Shared Kids Rooms - Pick your Favorite!

14 years ago
These are 6 of the most recently featured shared kids' rooms on Houzz. Which one would you like to tuck your little ones into at night?

VOTE for your favorite and let us know what you love about it!

Comments (39)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Love the Mark Molthan Construction bedroom. The light green and pink color scheme is lovely!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    The orange is such an unexpected treat! And queen size beds will be fab for sleepovers!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    This a really difficult one to decide because they are all great! I voted the Mark Molthan because it is such a huge space but he has maintained a little girl look and the colors are fresh and not too pink. I agree with Carolyn that the orange is great and so crisp with the white linens.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Modern Bungalow feels fresh and the red beds are fun.
  • 14 years ago
    The manor - Its cozy....
  • 14 years ago
    Lucky kids ... but I'll ditto feeny ... none of these speak to me either.
  • 14 years ago
    THE REVENDALE~ HANDS DOWN~THE BEST!!!~
  • 14 years ago
    Each room is commendable. I love the tiger maple in the bottom left room.
  • 14 years ago
    Each and every room is great to look at. Great personality and style.
    Not one room has lighting for each bed -- a swing-arm lamp or standing lamp would be nice.
  • 14 years ago
    I like the Princeton with great space and even the rug area for a little boy to play, so roomy.
  • 14 years ago
    I really liked them all. The room that I voted for was the Mill Valley Classic Design. It looked so inviting, and comfortable. I also liked the Rivendell Manor; great use of the space.
  • 14 years ago
    They're all nice, but I see rookie-parent (or is it rookie-designer?) mistakes in just about all of them. Skylights? Not if you want your child to sleep past sunrise or before sunset. Light carpets/rugs? Just one juice-box away from disaster. Child-size furniture? Even girls won't sit still long enough to drive an ROI on that table and chairs. Forget about the boys, they never sit. And Valerie K. makes a great point - each bed needs its own light source.
  • 14 years ago
    i wonder why all the beds are all side by side like twins. I have never had to double up kids but my instinct would be to give them as much seperation as possible rather than next to each other.
  • 14 years ago
    All of the rooms are lovely, but pink catches my eye, so I chose the 'Mark Molthan' construction design.
  • 14 years ago
    Mark Molthan is my favorite but I would get rid of the black & cream wall art peices at the ceiling peek.
  • 14 years ago
    I disagree about the skylights and the light carpets. A lot of people don't have their children eat much
    in their bedrooms and light carpets don't show lint, etc. Usually all I would need in a bedroom is water,
    an apple, tops. And skylights - you bet. Do you know that half of us actually like light and can sleep
    happily in the middle of it. I fall asleep just fine with the afternoon sun on me and also at the beach.
    And the Rivendell bedroom would be an absolute cave without them. My favorites: Mill Valley, Princeton, Highland Park. But preference is so personal and they are all lovely. Oh - and the beds together like twins? Because it's great fun to talk to one another and giggle and share as you're nodding off to bed. It's why I am bonded with my sister so many years later no matter where we are
    now!
  • 14 years ago
    Looks-wise I like Mill Valley and Highland Park, but for REAL LIFE I don't love any of them. They're ALL beautiful but none of them looks fun or personal. Even if all kid "stuff" goes in a playroom, a child's room should still look like it belongs to a child. These rooms remind me of the "sitting room" of yesteryear... Very sedate and pristine, not a place to kick back and relax.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I like the pops of color in the bedroom by Braswell Homes Inc .
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Hard to pick just one!
  • 14 years ago
    I don't care for this fad putting headboards against windows. It may be fresh but could be drafty. A warmer inside wall is a better place for a headboard. The elements in Mill Valley are pretty otherwise.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    All of these rooms are huge. Most kids who share rooms must share because there isn't another bedroom. Although all of the rooms are great I saw the Braswell Mod Bungalow house having greatest potential for kids actually playing in here without getting in trouble for being messy or creative and letting their imaginations run wild. I'd love to see ideas for small kids rooms in small houses to give the other 90% of us some real-life workable ideas to make our true "cottages" function and look cool.
  • 14 years ago
    this room is a room to grow-up in, all the way to adolescence. it has great color scheme, lots of light, huge storage, fit for boys and girls.
  • 14 years ago
    like the previous comment-- they might be cute, but these aren't for real families that clean their own spaces. There's white EVERYWHERE, especially on the floors. I'd only take one if it were given to me with its own maid!!
  • 14 years ago
    I voted for the Rivendell, although I really love a couple of the others, it just looked like a great room for two boys to live in. The Molthan is gorgeous but a little too "nice" for my girls to feel comfortable and the Woods room would be so perfect as my guest room, but not perfect for a kid's room.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Love the built-ins, window seat, natural light, and feel of this room. Sky-lights are nice but speaking from experience they may be a problem at sunrise or sunset and the noise created in a rain storm may wake the kids up! (window treatments might help)
  • 14 years ago
    last modified: 14 years ago
    I love the Mark Molthan (probably because I would have loved to have a few girls), but the Rivendell Manor works better for me as the mother of 2 boys who shared a room for years (by their own choice). It just seems a more practical design as kids grow up.
  • 14 years ago
    Rivendell Looks so cozy and warm. And a room that boys could grow with. The Mark Moltham is second choice, if I had girls. Even so, the Mark Moltham felt a little to big. Beautiful colors and decor, but does not give a cozy feeling, I think because of the the high ceiling.
  • 14 years ago
    All rooms are pretty, I would prefer calming color, though. Maybe I'm wrong, but TV in kids room? (The Rivendell Manor - Alan Mascord Design Associates Inc)?
  • 14 years ago
    Rivendell is just warm and cozy...makes me think my kids would go to bed early and read books up there... that is a MAGIC room.
  • 14 years ago
    The room by Mark Molthan Construction is pure fantasy. It was hard to decide because different rooms were for different age groups. I also really liked the room by Alan Mascord Design consultants- Rivendell Manor....
  • 14 years ago
    I agree these rooms are not practical for the average kid. Or desirable. And each has design flaws for storage space, clean-ability, and what most people have in their homes. My 2 boys love hockey & spiderman, books and cannot sleep late in the light. There is a lack of hooks to hang & cork board to showcase art/sports medals etc. But these rooms are not designed for average kids anyway. Rich kids with maids who are paid to walk 10 feet between storage spaces enjoy!!
  • 14 years ago
    The room by Mark Molthan Construction is beautiful. It was between this room and the Modern Bungalow room with the orange beds. I went w/ Marks because they did not forget about the ceiling. The painted beams and chandelie give a very nice finishing touch. It is the total package.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Love the Rivendell - especially the built-ins!
  • 14 years ago
    love the Mark molthan a beautiful room that will transition from young girl to teen to guest room in the future
  • 14 years ago
    I cant say any of these rooms are "fantastic".... well appointed yes, but not much to spark the mind of a child, low on the creative level.
  • 14 years ago
    they're cozy for sleeping, but aren't for creativity...sorry for say..
  • 14 years ago
    Okay, so basically what I'm seeing is a room for children... With skylights (not good for kids who go to bed early, or sleep in), light rugs (my room's carpet is FILLED with stains and it's dark brown... What a terrible mess that would make!), if you want to read, basically get your own light because no individual lights, and then finally; I'm 14 and I know I would hate to have a little kid pink frilly room or freakin' little kids tables and stuff. Once your kids hit like 11; all new furniture and paint colors. I don't know. I would stick to like a neutral vintage blue, mint green, or something that older and younger would like. And then a dark wood color or dark carpet. Wood is easy to clean spills up so lower maintenance. Oh! And cover up those skylights! I love sleeping in, and with those over my face I would kill someone! :) have fun decorating guys! :)
  • 13 years ago
    I love the versatility and sophistication of the Highland Park room and it is timeless enough for the kids to grow up in the room. I love her designs!!