Software
Houzz Logo Print
brett_cpg

Poor germination

14 years ago

Question for anyone with experience...

I'm starting my seeds indoors for the 2nd year, and it seems that a few varieties just won't germinate. I'm at about the 2 1/2 week mark, and virtually all of my tomatoes are doing great, and a couple pepper varieties are doing well. However, only 1/12 of my black cherry tomatoes has sprouted, 0/12 of my jimmy nardello peppers (which I was really excited about), and 0/12 of my mini red bell peppers. Meanwhile, my other tomato and pepper varieties I had 90-100% germination. Temps inside have hovered between 68-72, and I moisten the soil every other day. Today I decided to set the unsprouted seeds in the sunlight for some extra heat. Think it will help, or is it more likely that the seed is bad?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting