Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
napapen

It's in the can

napapen
18 years ago

Our very first Master Gardener TV show is ready to go. 9 of us filmed and worked in various positions and did it! It will appear 4 times next month on public access tv here in Napa.

Penny

Comments (8)

• blueheron
    18 years ago

How did everything go for you?

• napapen
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The first program was a real learning experience and friends found it while channel surfing. They were impressed but the 2nd one was received even better as they went to a winery where one of our members is head gardener and he explained what plants are good for our climate. It was done much more professionally. And we got better time periods. The one yesterday was very well done. Editing the first one took 18 hours and the second one took 6 so we are improving.

Penny

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

What software do you use for editing?

Leasa

• napapen
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Something that has to be done on a Mac. I'm a windows person and don't remember the software name. However our public access station told him what to buy.

Penny

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

Yes, I use a mac and I was just wondering what you folks used for software.

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

What did you cover in your shows and how long were they?

Leasa

• napapen
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Our shows are 1/2 hr and we cover different things. Today we filmed 6 5minutes segments at the local park talking about outstanding trees with our fellow M.G. who has written a book on the trees of Napa Valley. We talked about the ones suitable for the home landscape and those not. There was also filming at a home with a great raised bed for vegatables and then tool tips and care at another home. There is also a show coming up about drip systems.

Next month we will film about pumpkins to be aired in October.

Filming at my house a couple of months ago covered worm composting in a garage can and how to set it up and preping for butterflies. That one aired in June.

Going to various MG homes and filming the special things about each garden has been a great source of material.

We also talk about the bug of the month, help line calls and at the end I say something like "the only good snail is the one on your plate or under your foot"

The show has been well received. airs 2 times weekly for 1 month.

Penny

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

Thanks for the info, are they posted on the internet?