Software
Houzz Logo Print
misslemonverbena

Big weird ball in the sky

20 years ago

Very bright. Does anybody know what it is? It's hurting my eyes.

Comments (24)

  • 20 years ago

    We usually have a sunny spell in February.

  • 20 years ago

    I think it's the moon. Or maybe a UFO. HAHA!!
    Beam me up, Scotty! I'M SICK OF THE RAIN!

    DEB

  • 20 years ago

    My kids actually complain about that. "It's too bright, mama! Aaaugh!" Such Washingtonians.

  • 19 years ago

    It's happening again this year. I suggest closing the drapes and hunkering down with a fire and emails to your family.

  • 19 years ago

    I'm watering. It hasn't rained for a while. I don't want my new baby trees freeze-drying. It's cold and windy. The sun is nice! But it needs to rain, gentle steady warm rain for a few days. Bring Spring!

  • 19 years ago

    Yep, it's up there again. So bright. The neighbors are acting strangly too. Out in their gardens all industrious, and cheerful-like. Makes me feel guilty for my crappy looking yard & grumpy demeanor, but come on people it's still winter for goodness sake.

    Sitting by the fire is a fine idea.

  • 19 years ago

    My parents went to Hawaii for 10 days. They phoned to confirm my picking them up at the airport tonight.

    '' How much has it rained since we've been gone?'' my Dad asked.

    ''Hasn't rained at all. Sun every day.'' I replied.

  • 19 years ago

    I thought the North Koreans were doing some nuclear testing or something.

  • 19 years ago

    I saw it too. It's out now again. It's made me do some strange things. I went out and planted my daffodils the other day! Is it dangerous? It makes me squint.

  • 19 years ago

    Could lead to frolicking & other unseemly behavior muddysocks.

  • 19 years ago

    You are right misslemonverbena. Already this morning I was out roaming my back 1/4 eating chocolate. Was thinking about doing some fall cleanup later on. When will the madness stop? Is there a cure? The neighbors may have me locked up!

  • 19 years ago

    It has a strange effect on the birds. They are congregating in the giant curly willow now and chirping LOUDLY, non-stop, hundreds of birds. Social flock. The strange big bright warm ball in the sky gets them excited. Also today they are dunking and splashing in the bird baths.

  • 19 years ago

    Maybe it's this:
    "The zodiacal light consists of interplanetary dust near the solar system's ecliptic plane, lit by sunlight. Because it's so large, it's actually the most luminous thing in the solar system after the Sun! It is largely a "debris disk" resulting from asteroid and meteoroid collisions, similar to the much larger and denser debris disks seen around certain other stars. "
    I think this time of year it's time when lights are visible in Northern Hemisphere

  • 19 years ago

    Well the fog has finally lifted but I still can't see what the h... you're all talking about.

    A......

  • 19 years ago

    It's supposed to start raining again tomorrow. Everything will be okay then.

  • 19 years ago

    Well the fog is back and still protecting us from "THE THING FROM OUTER SPACE". Walking around my garden I realized my shrubs know it's there too. The poor things have been shaking in their boots, shaking so hard their little buds are starting to break. Never mind my little friends, I will protect you, I'm arming myself with some mighty weapons, rake, shovel, clippers, fork and a few more items I think might help. Don't be afraid, I'll be hiding behind the garden shed, ready to pounce.

    A......

  • 19 years ago

    I suggest staying indoors, staying in your pajamas, & dancing to your old recording of Creedence Clearwater's "It Came Out of The Sky".

    Playing air guitar is optional, but highly recommended.

  • 19 years ago

    Thankyou misslemonverbena, I think I'll take that advice, staying indoors, in my pj's listening to C.C.R., maybe The Moody Blues, a glass of wine or two might help....mmm sounds pretty good to me, but, I'll still be LOOKING OUT MY BACK DOOR... Maybe I should skip the wine though, I might start RUNNING THROUGH THE JUNGLE and that's not good.

    A......

  • 19 years ago

    I don't what your weather is like up there in BC right now, but down here in here in Portland we should probably be listening to CCR's "Who'll Stop The Rain".

  • 19 years ago

    In Seattle i want to join misslemonverbena listening "Who'll Stop The Rain".

  • 19 years ago

    Good morning all,

    It's raining up here too, really dismal, at least we don't have to shovel it. I keep reminding myself that it won't last forever. This old girl has never used a computer until this fall and I'm really enjoying it. Every night I seem to burn the midnight oil, that explains the name. I really should call myself "Dancing With Weeds" that will give an idea of what my garden looks like right now. I've spent hours looking through the different posts and all you people out there have made the winter fly by for me, thankyou. So many people, with so much knowledge to share. Well back to this weather, if it doesn't clear soon you'll find me "Up Around the Bend"

    A......

  • 19 years ago

    Aftermidnight, i hope you are not "Up Around the Bend"? LOL
    What is more addictive: computer or garden?

  • 19 years ago

    galcho, computer or gardening, that's a good question, I think I fell in love with plants when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. My grandpa had a cottage garden at their summer place where I used to spend my holiday each year. I'd follow him around while he watered all his plants by hand. All the water had to be pumped from a well.
    My memories are of Foxgloves, Cup and saucer Campanula, Carnations, a pergola smothered in fragrant roses and cabbages as big as soccer balls. I was hooked for life. To me a garden is a place of contentment, a place joy, when I actually find the right place for the plant I've just obtained, without the foggiest of where I'm going to put it. The garden to me is a lifetime dream. It's also good therapy, when you're really p....d off about someone or something, go pull weeds, it really is amazing how they can take wings. Does this answer your question? I have to say though, the computer is becoming a Close second.

    Catch you later, A......

  • 19 years ago

    The big bright orb emerged from the fog and mist this afternoon and turned the raindrops into bejeweled prisms webbing all the feathering branches. The birds are flitting flirting and chasing each other swifty, all levels of airspace full of darting chirping birds.