My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
I've put them out too early in the past and the growth just stalled. I would leave them until the nights are warmer -- sort of tomato planting weather.
I'm 15 miles south of Seattle and wouldn't dream of putting my brugs (lots of them!) outdoors this early. I would like to have a hoop house to move them into until well into May, but siting one is an issue & I've been dragging my feet.
What cultivars are you growing? Feel free to email me if you're interested in chatting about brugs.
I've got a serious itch to put mine out soon. I'm down to checking my outdoor min/max thermometer every day now, hoping I can hurry it up by fretting over it more. But yep, it's still way too soon up here too. Patrick those seedlings look great, what kind of crosses you got in there? It's been a bad brug winter for me, lost a bunch, but it's spring & I've got brug fever again. I'll have to get over & visit on your forum soon. - Tom
Thanks for getting back to me patrick888 and the rest of you...
I have my brugs in my greenhouse now that stays between 45' and however warm when the sun shines on it...It's been really nice here the past few days...
Do you know where the Kelso/Longview area is??...That's where I am...
Anyway, I've been working outside and loving it...I have 9 different kinds of brugs and bought an Iochroma to go with them...I've had brugs for about 6 years now...Not many people around here even know what they are...I got started with them with one cutting off a Charles Gilbaldi plant from a trader on GW...Charles didn't do so good last year, but I did get some cuttings from him for this year...Hopefully he'll come back...I'll be repotting him good again and see what happens..The foliage on my brugs aren't as dark green as yours show in your photo...BTW, nice babies you have...Thanks for sharing the photo...
I've never added anything except miracle grow as fertilizer...I got a couple new ones this year, can't wait to see how they do...
Well, thanks for getting back to me and any secrets you have about growing them here, that'd be great...Don't know if I should put epsons salt, or other stuff I've heard about in the pots or not...I don't want to take any chances on hurting them...Have enough to do to keep the spider mites and earwigs off :)
I do let them get morning sun and afternoon shade...They grow nicely on our deck and make the air so fragrant in the evening...It's so nice...
I put my only brug outside the other day and by the end of the day I was rushing to put it back in the garage. What a hassle. Now, I think I will just wait for consistently warmer days. Patrick: Your seedlings looks fantastic!
dottyinduncan
Patrick888
Related Professionals
Augusta Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Youngstown Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Tucson Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Salt Lake City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Calgary Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Ocala Landscape Contractors · Carbondale Landscape Contractors · Westminster Landscape Contractors · Grand Forks Landscape Contractors · Kingman Landscape Contractors · Amherstburg Landscape Contractors · Magnolia Architects & Building Designers · Clarksville Architects & Building Designers · Middletown Architects & Building Designers · Lake Havasu City Architects & Building DesignersPatrick888
kitty32_z8
grrrnthumb
knotzOriginal Author
flora2