Software
Houzz Logo Print
everett_reader

New Here - Rebuilding a backyard landscape

20 years ago

I recently discovered garden web and am really happy to see such a tremendous resource. We live just outside of Everett - near Mill Creek, and seem to be in a cooler spot then Seattle or even Everett.

We are smack in the middle of relandscaping, building a patio, putting in drainage etc our entire backyard and so I have several topics that I would love to get input on!

My first question is a fence/privacy screen/vine trellis construction one. Our sideyard is enclosed on 3 sides and we are adding 24' of fence to make a doggy potty area. The side fence to the neighbors is a 6' privacy fence. I want to build something that will complement the existing fence, will keep the dog in, and will also provide a basis to grow a heavy vine (Artic Beauty and Issai Kiwi for example). I would actually like something a little more open then the tight cedar privacy fence to get better airflow, but I need it to be dog secure. I was thinking of using extra tall posts and creating a T type trellis across the top. I would love to hear any design suggestions.

thanks!

Comments (4)