Software
Houzz Logo Print
maltby_gw

serviceberry or sorbus for small space

20 years ago

House next door added a small deck that looks into our back yard. For some privacy, I would like to plant a small tree near the fence line between their house and my carport.

The spot for the tree is a four foot wide space next to our open carport, which is only 7 ft high at that point. It gets east west light. Initially I was thinking bamboo, then briefly Wattle of some kind, then a small Robinia, then carpinus and hawthorn, now Serviceberry and sorbus, with a strong lean towards serviceberry.

I am looking for something I can get that is already at least 7 foot tall-there is plenty of sun, you just have to be 7 ft tall to get at it because of the carport. The tree needs to not mind pruning. Any thoughts...I would have posted a picture but I couldn't figure our how.

Comments (5)