Software
Houzz Logo Print
spring_chicken

Antique Rose Farm

20 years ago

Who is planning on going on Sunday?

Comments (9)

  • 20 years ago

    I'll be there. Bring your OGRs for display and identification. It should be lots of fun!

  • 20 years ago

    What is the agenda for the day? I should leave by 1pm to go somewhere else, Will I miss anything?

  • 20 years ago

    Only the other 4 hours, but don't fret. ;-) By that time we should have all of the roses up and identified and you'll still have some time to wander through the farm.

  • 20 years ago

    Wow! Other than sunburn, was that fun or what? It was great to see you all and so much fun playing with the roses. Let's do it again next year.

  • 20 years ago

    Sunburn? is that why my face is on fire? It was well worth it though. My nose still has the smell of Chloris in it after all night. I think about the smell of all those wonderful roses, and I can still almost feel the headache from overload. Sue you are an dangerous....."Paul are you going to get Zeffy?....Are you getting Chloris?....." It was wonderful to meet everyone! - Paul

  • 20 years ago

    Paul-
    Once my Zeffy has perked up a bit and recovered from my neglect, you are welcome to a cutting of it.

    I had a wonderful time too. I had to hide how hyper I was at some points during the day to be around so many people who loved roses and who I could talk to about them. How fun is that?

    Thankyou Paul for the Potted roses. I'm sure I will love them. Did I offer you a cutting of my rose? I can't recall now if I got you one or not. Let me know.

    Thanks to Cheryl for the cuttings you gave me too. I am trying to root them how you said. These are smaller cuttings than I am used to trying, so I figured they may need the extra moisture of the bag. I'm running low on gallon pots and potting soil though, so I put them in some band pots inside a bigger pot and also stuck a gallon pot in there too. I hope there will be enough moisture from several pots to make up for the fact that some of the pots are really small. I hope it works!

    I can't wait to see you all again this weekend at Anne's!

  • 20 years ago

    Hi - Can one of you post the web site for the Heritage Rose Club that hosted the show last Sunday? I can't seem to find it.

  • 20 years ago

    Hi again - I'm considering where to plant all my new roses. I have a large yard and some acreage. After seeing how fabulous the roses at the "farm" looked in naturalized settings - versus beds - I'm thinking about planting along my property line. My neighbor put up a sturdy, but ugly, 4-tier barbed wire fence/post system which has sprouted weeds all alongside the fence. There would be some shade on the east side of the bushes, as he has plants/shrubs/trees all along the fence, but more sun from the west (and south & north) than shade and all I have on my side is lawn. So I was thinking if I plant my roses there, the weeds will still be there, but since I have to weed my roses anyway, I'll get it taken care of and I'll have a nicer view. However, it does get pretty soggy in the winter, when the yard sometimes fills up with water. Also, how far apart should I plant the roses? I'm thinking 5-6 feet apart? Any suggestions/comments/ideas?

  • 20 years ago

    Here you go....

    http://heritagerosesnorthwest.com/

    Here is a link that might be useful: Heritage Roses Northwest

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars40 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21