Software
Houzz Logo Print
scarleta_gw

heave soils, drainage problems

19 years ago

I thought we should start brand new topic on this one.WE touch this when boxofrox posted.Sorry, but we need more help.THanks for explaing Gardengal re stones on the bottom of the pots.Thanks to you Reg also.

My pots are huge and I grow tomatoes it does work.I think my problem is the soil I put as it drains so very fast.I can never put the proper timing on my drip sprinkler because even after one minute the saucer is full of water.Same in my greenhouse.I do have a sprinkler ( drip) installed, but I need to address the soil i use I think.I use organic soil and add a little compost Steer manure usually or mushrooms.I add less than 1/3 of manure to my soil.I buy Vantro Organic and sometimes add a bit of Sea Soil.Any help would be great.In my garden I have a drainage problem the yard is sloped so it drains well but the soil feels heavy and most of the time wet just dry on the surface.I add pumicle and compost every spring ( make my own compost) I need to add some drains in the top part of my lawn so less water will reach the bottom ( my roses and veg garden) It is so heavy . The pumicle works well and it is improving but I still need something to loosen it up more . ANy ideas? Please and thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting