Software
Houzz Logo Print
mary_palmer4077

Euphorbia amygdaloides Robbiae removal

20 years ago

I have just spent the last two hours removing a rather large patch of said Euphorbia. Does anyone know if every minute piece of rhizome left in the ground will make a new plant on down the road? I have tried very hard to get it all out but I will assume there might be a few pieces left. I also assume I will have to worry about seedlings. I always tried to dead head it but I'm sure some low flowers got away from me.

Another question I have is about a Choisya 'Sundance' that was in amongst the Euphorbia mess. It has gotten tall and leggy and just generally looks awful. There were not many roots compared to the amount of top growth. Can I cut this back hard now and expect anything but weak floppy new growth? It gets part shade most of the day. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (4)