Software
Houzz Logo Print
ellen_portland

Need flowering shade vine ideas?

19 years ago

Hi,

I've just bought a Schizophragma Hydrangea 'Piatt Dwarf' but am having second thoughts about planting it now since all I've been hearing is how SLOW it grows! Isn't there any kind of flowering vine that will grow at a decent rate on a North facing wall?

The only true shade area I have (it might get brief afternoon sun)is along our garage wall. I was hoping to set up the climbing hydrangea in the middle with a different flowering vine or tall shrub on either side, adding in some regular Hydrangeas or maybe Camellias and Hostas? But if this plant is a slow a grower as I am hearing I might end up being a bit frustrated with a big hole in the middle of my wall as I wait for this plant to show itself?

Thanks for any ideas or encouragement (grin)

Comments (7)