Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_6569

Plant kind?

14 years ago
What kind of plant is that on the left of the picture? Almost looks like monkey grass
Spring Hill Residence · More Info

Comments (11)

  • 13 years ago
    In the right foreground is green Japanese Maple, on left, Hakonae grass, fern, on right variegated hosta. The ground cover between stones my be baby's tears..hard to tell from photo. The orange flowering perennial is asiatic lily. All shade or dappled light lovers.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thanks for your help and comments!
  • 12 years ago
    I love this! Am so swiping this to inspire my own side yard. I already grow many of these plants elsewhere in my yard - love being able to keep the continuity in side yard.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    what is the tall orange flower? I have 2 in my back yard I planted 3 years ago and cannot recall the name-this setting looks great!
  • 12 years ago
    The tall orange flower is some kind of lily. Probably one of the oriental lilies.
  • 12 years ago
    Please tell me who did the landscape design - it's absolutely beautiful.
  • 12 years ago
    What is the tree right foreground? Jap maple of some sort...?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Again, We are busy and very appreciative of all of the expert commentary and answers! The Landscape Designer (and the owner of the house) was the lovely Sue Moss, an amazing talent with plants and garden-scapes, sadly now relocated to California.
  • 11 years ago
    What a great looking landscape. It feels natural while still keeping some obvious detail. I love the clean cool look the plants and stones give off. I want to use some of these ides in my own backyard. http://www.cvtslandscape.com/services/landscaping/
  • 11 years ago

    The grass on the left is Japanese Forest grass. Takes light and some shade. Easy to grow. Dies back in winter in colder climates, but comes back in spring.