Software
Houzz Logo Print
mmegaera

the tree is gone, now what?

20 years ago

This is not a bad thing, really. It was an alder that hung over the fence and dripped stuff -- catkins, leaves, twigs, branches -- into my yard 365 days a year, or that's what it felt like, anyway. At any rate, the condo association decided it wasn't doing any good to the septic system, so on Tuesday it went.

And there was much rejoicing [g].

However. The little flower bed I have up next to the fence got slightly (not as bad as I'd feared) trashed in the process. Not only that, it's now in full sun (about which there was also much rejoicing) but it's full of plants that are used to almost solid shade, and which are very very leggy (even plants that supposedly like full shade have their limits, apparently). The bed looks *awful.*

What I would love to know is a) what I can do now to make things look better for the rest of the season, b) whether I should try to move the shade-lovers now or wait till October, c) whether I should cut things back now -- I'm worried about stimulating new growth too late in the season -- or wait till October, and d) what I can do to keep the shade lovers from keeling over between now and whenever I should move them.

Help?

Megaera

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting