Software
Houzz Logo Print
alcan_nw

Red huckleberry

19 years ago

As far as this NW native is concerned I can almost say I live in zone 1 because I get to Alaska some so ignore the Anything to do with zone 1 information since my real situation is my long time home of Vancouver WA PNW zone 6.

I kind of hope these red huckleberries are good selections so be judges for yourselves and just tell me.

This is the first season watching if they stay consistent but who knows I might one day be surprised to say, or do grafting as such. These days there has been lots of studies finding the dark lowland "oval leaf" huckleberry for beneficial (more than even blueberry) oxy compounds but these red ones are still good and give some good to look at. I've grown up eating these which I always like although it seems still debatable how best going about growing these in particular.

The twig to the right is certainly a spury one but there were also 9/16" wide ones and also lots on a good bush of 1/2" wide. The spot where I will be watching these I have in mind as my picking spot for next year which includes the dark berried "oval leaf" which is the only reason I like to avoid saying exactly where they are.

Comments (2)