Software
Houzz Logo Print
annoulaxeni

Help with window treatments for world's most difficult windows!

14 years ago
last modified: 14 years ago
The attached photo is NOT my window, but it's similar and thought it might help you visualize. Sadly, I can't copy these window treatments as my windows are in-swing French casement windows (with in-swing transom as well) rather than these double-hung, and have the windows positioned on the inner wall surface. My walls are about 25" thick stone so the recess is lovely and deep, but it needs to stay empty to allow the frequent opening and closing of the shutters which are behind the windows, and which fold into the wall recess. Our screens are flush with the exterior wall surface.

My problem with two of these windows (living room and master bedroom) is that they not only face a public walkway (at eye level) but also the hot Greek morning sun. And since this is a summer house for us, most of the season we're in it, all windows are wide open.

How in heavens name can I keep the full ventilation, but still have some privacy? I'd love any help anyone could offer!

Comments (4)