Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

MTPS food & stuff

bigorangevol
14 years ago

If you have food that needs to be kept hot then let me know ahead of time!!!

We don't have outlets at the site although I can run stuff over to Tim & Cindy's house. (ie, Rhonda's Remarkable Robust Ribs & Mariandretti's Red Hot Racin' Chili...)

If you have stuff that needs to be kept cold then we should have a few ice chests available but you may want to bring one just in case.

Bring enough to feed your crew whether you're solo or have a party of eight. You ladies never cease to amaze me with the killer grub you bring! We normally have just the right mix of meats, veggies, salads, casseroles, pastas, bread, fruit and delectable deserts! Yeah!!! FYI, Merange is for sissies -- just say no to calf-slobber. (Just my personal opinion.)

We supply all the plates, napkins, paper towels, salt, pepper, knives, forks and spoons... but I don't do serving utensils and I don't have room to bring condiments. (No Bevis and Butthead jokes please)

No liquor, illegal or mind-altering drugs, firearms, weapons, fireworks or critters allowed in the Park or at the swap! You won't need 'em.

Although I will accept complimentary Valium...I will need 'em before the day is over!!! A Delauded I.V. drip would be nice; that should calm me down and ease my stress levels a tad.

In a totally unrelated note:

Tim & Cindy's youngest son, Chris, is a Navy SEAL and he was sent this morning on a three-week op (naturally we don't know and aren't told where but it doesn't take freakin' Einstein to figure it out since he's had to let his beard and hair grow out). We would greatly appreciate your prayers for him and his safe return as well as that of ALL our military personnel. This is an extremely difficult time for all families that have loved ones serving overseas. Those Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Soldiers will all be the first ones to tell you that they are serving their country for US so please keep them in your daily prayers! My anxiety over this is off the charts right now to the point where it's hard for me to concentrate or think about anything else! It hits closer to home and heart when it's your little buddy that you've loved like your own son every minute since the day was born (22 years, 4 months, 5 days, 23 hours and 5 minutes).

Thanks guys!

HooYah!!!

Comments (26)

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Jeff, I'm going to try and get the ribs delivered by a family member at lunch time. It is not fair for you to have to run back and forth. A feast we will have! I totally understand your pride and concern for Chris. You can't begin to imagine the quality of training those Seals get. Be proud and have faith. You got yourself so tore up you forgot to mention the bananer puddin! I'm starting to think that pudding is a figment of your imagination.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Sounds like some good down home country food! =) I can whip up a massive batch of my famous potato salad. Might need a place for it to keep overnight if I end up camping near the swap Friday night.

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

The food is the best part! I'm bringing Tennessee Caviar and Fritos!

Prayers on the way for Chris!

• dlhl
    14 years ago

Sending prayers up for Chris also!

I'm planning to bring a tray of sandwiches and maybe some fruit. And how 'bout some good old fashioned brownies?!

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Brownies are the best!

• cottagegirl_tn
    14 years ago

I will be bringing some kind of pie..I do desserts best.
    Jen

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Oooo...pie...chocolate chess? :):):):):):)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Bec! Thanks Debbie! Your prayers are greatly appreciated!!!

Steve if you do come down Friday night call me on my cell and we can put the tater salad in Tim's fridge, no problem. 615-310-4155

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Ok, that'll work...red potatoes with dill week, mayo, three kinds of pepper, etc....I love it. Modelled after this place in Brentwood I used to eat at. Phil's Deli in Maryland Farms, if anyone's ever been there.

Peace - Steve

• columbiajen
    14 years ago

We are going to bring pasta salad and maybe a layered bean dip.

Blessings,
    Jennifer

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

I am bringing cherry cobbler and bakedbeans.

PAT L.

• paperart
    14 years ago

I'll probably bring a dessert since my friend and I got the last double queen room at the Park Inn and will be spending Friday night on site. need to bring something I know won't spoil. Any requests?
    Can't wait to put faces with all the posts! Pray for sun!

• palmetto_gardener
    14 years ago

I plan to bring a marinated vegetable salad.

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

Will be bringing:

Chicken
    Slow Cooker Baked Beans with 1-lb fried bacon
    Cherry Almond Cake
    Tea
    Ice

• irisaddict
    14 years ago

I think I will take the easy way out and bring soft drinks.

Evelyn

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well I won't be able to make the naner puddin' tonight either. One of these days....

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I couldn't make the potato salad either. :-\ I am bringing one of those 12 packs of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls though. =)

• veggielover
    14 years ago

Glazed ham,
    Macaroni Salad,
    Banana Pudding (The good stuff with the heavy cream you actually have to whip yourself!

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

Im bringing sausage and biscuits for in the morning if anyone would like and a drink

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Ugh....i'm so stuffed. I swear I ate like 5 brownies & 2 pieces of pie...and that was just desert! =)

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

The food spread was da bomb once again!

• dlhl
    14 years ago

Yes, it was all great!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Yes...agreed...da bomb! :)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Burp!

• mari5us
    14 years ago

Once again the food was over the top---"wicked good" !!!
    I'd like recipes for some of the dishes I tried! We have some awesome cooks in our midst!!
    Marianne

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

I heard angels sing when I tasted the choc chip pecan pie. Good looking out on the sausage biscuits, Velvet. Veggielover, that banana pudding was out of this world. Please give Jeff the recipe. he he. Thank you everyone for the great eats! Rhonda

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH