UPDATE: Leprachaun gifts received post here

veeja11
19 years ago

Please post if you received your leprechaun gift. thankyou

carol

Comments (89)

• Aprils_Garden
    19 years ago

Thank you, thank you leprachaun pal! You are keeping your identity a mystery, but it is no mystery that you are a great pal! I received a beautiful card that says "Although I am your secret pal and can't tell you my name...this brings a big bouquet of thoughts and wishes just the same!

Included in the box were a pretty pail that I will use for flowers of course :-), a package of 3 Asiatic Lilys that I know just where they will go, shamrock stickers and the cutest little bouquet of shamrocks made out of pipe cleaners and foam board (so creative and my 5 year old thinks she is the leprachaun princess!), a shamrock cookie cutter and lots of seeds in the cutest homemade St. Patricks Day seed envelopes. I can tell my pal is very crafty!

The seeds were hidden among the packing peanuts and my kids had the best time finding the treasure..."here's one", "I found another one"...!

Thanks again secret pal and please fess up...who are you, I must know!

April

• vic01
    19 years ago

just waiting patiently leprechauns be tricky and snail mail be slow but I am sure it will be here soon Jackie.

• annieup
    19 years ago

to my leprechaun pal, i don't know your GW name, but i do know you as Treasa, from my home state of Mi. For the last couple of days, coming down the road, i was what my friends say about me, "rubbernecking", to see if my box was there and today it was!! thank you so very much for all the gifts Treasa. i received a box of chocolates, a wonderful smelling candle-lavendar and sweet basil, stick em notes, 2 leprechauns that are at the window at my kitchen sink, lots of seeds, am very excited about the russian hollyhock, a bag of $, am working very hard to peice that together!! Love the watering can and of course the fleece scarf for the Michigan winters!! love it. thank you very much friend, neoma gw-annieup

• mellen
    19 years ago

Dear Secret Leprechaun Pal, You think you are tricky, don't you? I'm trying to figure out how you can mail a box to me today, and I get a box today from you? Hmmmm????? Pretty cute there, #1 Angel. For some reason I suspected you after your e-mail to me yesterday. When I walked in the house today, I was not too surprised to see something from you. But you did make me laugh with all of this monkey business, Jeanette.

Thank you so much for the wonderful things you sent. I will get the crocus mix bulbs out tomorrow. Sounds like another beautiful day for us, doesn't it? Didn't you just love today? I did--looking out the schoolhouse window. I also just love the plant stake that says 'Plant your Dreams.' You have just sent me my first wind catcher, too. It's great! And gardening gloves--I think I will actually give them a try this year. Love 'em. Of course, I will wear the Irish pin tomorrow to school. Plus I am touched by the pocket card that came with it. I will attach that to my dresser mirror so I see it every morning. It is very special. Jeanette, you are such a dear, sweet lady. You have made my day a very happy one. Mary Ellen P.S. The kisses are almost gone. : P AND good luck with midterms!!!

• pearidgegirl
    19 years ago

OH MY OH MY... I must say I am sorry to my little leprachaun pal who is out there without a gift on St. Patty's Day!!!!!!! It tis all my fault. When I got home today, I was excitied to see a gift in the mail (so I thought) it was te gift I had sent out to my Leprachaun Pal, it came back- I didn't have enough postage on it!!!!!! I will send it out again 1st thing in the morning- I can't tell you who you are pal but I am sorry about your gift being late, I promise to add a little extra since you had to wait.......SO SO SORRY!!!!
    Heather

• angel14437
    19 years ago

I received my package from my Leprachaun Pal today! As I opened the package all I could see was GREEN!!! It started with green tissue paper. Under the tissue paper was of all things a HEAD OF CABBAGE!!!!!! A very beautiful, full head of cabbage! You were right about the uniqueness of that secret pal gift, but I don't think you are nuts Leprachaun Pal....I think you are very creative and thoughtful. That first item gave me a good laugh and really made my day. The tag attached to the cabbage said "Harvested fresh from our garden just before shipping", which to me in itself is very unique as we are still in a cold chill here in New York without a sign of green. OK, let me continue...the next thing I picked up from the box was styrofoam egg crates. They were empty! My first thought was 'either my pal used these for padding for these items' OR 'she has sent me live chicks and sent the empty egg crates for me to store all my newly laid eggs in.' She did after all send me a head of cabbage! Whew!!! As I dug deeper into the box I realized that she used them for padding, as I didn't hear any chirping. lol. I also received a photo frame with daisys and butterflies, a 'free weeds pick them all' garden plaque, a beautiful Happy St.Patrick's Day door hanging (very green), a gardening 'digger' tool (don't know what it's called), lol a fern /grass bird nester basket, butterfly wind chime, a green mood makers candle, a magic towel (put in warm water and watch it grow) lol, 6 Gladiolus bulbs 'Blue Isle' (purple), Cobaea 'Mountain Glory Blue' (also purple, my favorite color), a garden gnome, a green hanging flower pot with goodies inside (green skittles, green Baskin Robbins hard candy, and a pkt of Bell's of Ireland seeds)!!!!! Everything is green and looks beautiful all laid out in a sea of green on my dining room table. Thank you so much mudplaying 'leprauchaun' mom!!!!! You are the best!!!! I really enjoy every item. I really appreciate your creativeness and effort despite the fact that you are a very busy woman with all those kids!

• uptreasa
    19 years ago

I received my Leprechaun package today. : ) Thank you very much, Shirley!!!!!!! In my package, was chocolates, a decorated pen, a foam ornament, a fairy garden journal, a Luck of the Irish green ID neckstrap, some seeds, and a special card for St. Patrick's Day. Now I think I am going to indulge in some chocolate!!!! Thanks again!!!!! : ) Treasa

• angel14437
    19 years ago

I can't believe I didn't mention the beautiful Oxalis plant.
    That's probably because I was trying to warm it up once it arrived. It survived really well despite the cold. Thank you once again mudplaying 'leprechaun' Mom!!!
    Chris

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Has everyone received ? pooche thankyou for the dahlias, they weren't even wet.

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok here are the names except for the ones Jody matched up, so I could be in.
    Garden fever girl has Zimber

Beth B has Darlene 87

Gullible Voulenteer has Inbird

Number 1 Angel has Hairy mellen

Darlene 87 has Little Leaky Poochella

Grovespirit has Gullible voulenteer

Treasa Iho has Annieup

Plantluver has #1 Angel

Angel 14437 has Grove spirit

Hairy Mellen has Beth

LL Pochella has mudplaying family mom

Mud playing family mom has Angel 14437

Zimber has Treesa 207

Treesa 207 has pearigde girl

Pearidge girl has garden fever girl

Inbird has Theresa Iho

Annieup has Plantluver

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Thanks for yet another wonderful swap Veeja and you're welcome for the dahlias- keep them well!

Happy St. Patty's Day all.

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

I fear someone has caught my leprachaun and her pot of gold!!!!
    I have not heard from her at all--
    Has anyone seen her?????? Is she alright??
    Jeanette

• grannymarsh
    19 years ago

I had Aprils Garden.

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Granny Marsh, did you hear from your leprachaun?

How about others? Is everyone accounted for because it is not fun if you're left out.

• garden_fever_girl
    19 years ago

A great big apology goes out to my secret pal. I'm afraid life got in the way this past week and the previous one--when I intended to send your package. My daughter has asthma and was in the hospital, and I had four sick kids home, plus my finals for school! ICK...I hope you can forgive me- rest assured your package is in the mail I sent it yesterday. Everyone is better now and back to school- Whew, and all is good in the world again- other than I feel badly that you didn't have a package for St. Patty's Day. I'm watching for my package in the mail-Pearidge girl- I can hardly complain..lol Things happen, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one they happen too! lol

• vic01
    19 years ago

Ahh see the luck of the Irish was with me...didn't get the package yesterday but today we are in the middle of a winter storm with a foot of snow on the ground and more coming down...yesterday we have bare grass. Thanks to ChefLisbeth for the lovely gifts a neat twist hat in a small purse that opens up to be a great green garden hat..I love it...green garden gloves to match, tropical mist oil air freshener for the truck, seeds for green zinnias, and Bells of Ireland, white echinacea and sunflowers. What a wonderful gift to find in my mailbox on a day like today. You're so sweet Lisbeth!!!!! Thanks so much, Jackie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

How could anyone not send to angel, I am sure it must be on it's way, no one would be that mean. here is the rest of the listSkymaid - veeja
    Grannymarsh-Aprilsgarden
    Aprilsgarden-Cindyfl
    Cindyfl-Grannymarsh
    Cheif Lisbeth-skymaid
    Veeja-Chief Lisbeth

• TREESA207
    19 years ago

Yesterday I received a package from Zimber.. It was in a pretty green bubble envelope with leprachauns on it. Inside was a lovely card with a bunch of seeds and I love them all by the way...A tin container of Burts Bees hand salve that I love, A package of gel shamrocks,the cutest turtle rubber stamp,A package of Irish cream coffee, All kinds of STASH teas that I am really enjoying! Green shamrock coins,A solid chocolate leprachaun, and 3 wonderful Irish recipes that I will cherish " Irresistable Irish Soda Bread"
    "Irish Breakfast" and "Irish Chicken and Dumplings" I just can't wait to try all these!! Thank you Zimber for all the gifts and mostly for your thoughtfulness. Hope you have a wonderful SPRING! Treesa207
    And Thank you Carol for hosting yet another wonderful Swap...YOU'RE SO GOOD........

• Aprils_Garden
    19 years ago

Thank you GrannyMarsh! It is great to put a name with the package- you are a great Leprachaun!

I really hope my pal Cindyfl got her package, I haven't seen her post here. My delivery confirm says the package was delivered last Saturday, the 12th...I hope it was delivered to her house, not some pot of gold stealer! We leprachauns must be very watchful.

April

• annieup
    19 years ago

i have not heard from my pal either, Plantluver. i sent it out on mon., the 14th., priority. i am anxiously waiting if it arrived ok.

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Annie, Your receiver has not sent out her pkg either, am trying to reach her. Angel hang in there, we won't let you be forgotten. anyone else have a deadbeat pal ?Bad pal shamrock is coming to get you.

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

It's me again-still nothing in todays mail--so I am posting as you asked me too--am I the only one?
    Jeanette

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Your pal is not responding to my e-mail, don't give up, we won't let you be forgotten. Carol

• grannymarsh
    19 years ago

Nuthin' :-(

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

We now have two people forgotten by their pals, veeja is not happy. little good leprechauns please e-mail me if you are not happy either, or can help me thankyou

• ChefLisbeth
    19 years ago

I hope Skymaid got her package...I enjoyed getting it together. It followed the wrong rainbow and got mailed late - shucks!
    Veeja - thanks so much for all the goodies!!!! I hope some time this growing season I can have a swap at my house and you can see where I planted the lily vine...it will be disguising the power fuse box that's outside the house!

• hummer07
    19 years ago

Hi Carol! I had grovespirit's name and she received the goodies!

Hummer07

• hummer07
    19 years ago

Hi Ms Mud!! I just saw your earlier post! I am in Virginia I think there are one or two others who have hummer or hummingbird in their name! I'm the one and only Hummer07!!

You are not too far away - what's a state or two LOL!

Hummer07

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Plantluver has received her gift and is awaiting a mail purchase to send hers out to angel, so hang in there little angel, it is on it's way, the best things are worth waiting for. Be happy

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

No word from Grannys pal, but hang in there we won't let you be forgotten.

• pearidgegirl
    19 years ago

Well, Garden fever girl I don't feel sooo bad now. I was hoping you would have your package by now, it's Sunday, I guess you'll get it tomarrow. Can't wait for you to get it. I hope you like everything I sent you.
    Heather

• garden_fever_girl
    19 years ago

I'm sure it will be here sometime today or tomorrow --no worries. We have a downpour of snow today so a package in the mail will be much loved today -- LOL ..Brrrr it's cold, I can't wait for spring and planting season. Snow just won't stop falling down, ick! But it's ok we need the moisture.

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

Hey everyone--I got a wonderful- thoughtful box in this mornings mail from POOCHELLA!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your kindness!!!! I feel so special--it has brightened my day!!
    Alli is especially happy with this box and has asked for the 'recipe' she chose the 'star' cookie first as it fits her personality!! and thanks you with a drooly smile!! I love the candles--they smell soooo good and the soap--is to die for!! the box smelled so good when I openedit!! The sachet will go in my car and the notepad and envelopes things I always run out of--can't wait to try the glasses holders-and green is my favorite color!!
    You have made my day!! Thank you so much!!
    Jeanette
    ps--they didn't name the town after me-haha-thats not my last name--but the postman knew where to find me!!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    19 years ago

Jeanette,so glad you got a nice surprise from Annie. She is a real doll.
    I confess I got you a plant and promptly "KILLED IT"
    I will get another I promise. LOL Guess I'm glad I realised it was DEAD before I put it into the mail. A very dead plant is not a good surprise.
    Beth

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    19 years ago

Jeanette, yea! Annie is a sweetheart. She was my *official* leprechaun & just seeing her name on the return address made me happy. There are some people ya just love without meeting, and she's one of them. What about Granny? Are we taking care of her?

Poochella, I've never posted a complete listing of all that was in your fabulous box. The plants are all in the ground now. My 16yo son grabbed most of them and ran them outside right away. He knew EXACTLY where he wanted each to go. Very important to note that NOTHING LEAKED! You do such thoughtful and creative boxes that feed the soul and the body.

I AM going to email you. It's not that you've been forgotten. My time and energy has been devoted to taking care of an unanticipated and urgent series of crises going on here while trying to get everything under control enough to get this family out the door tomorrow. We'll be away for the next week and a half. Haven't been able to post the way I'd like to. I'll still be coming home to a lot of loose ends to tie up. Argh! Preparing and recuperating for major trips is so stressful that I wonder if it's worth it. You make wonderful boxes, Annie. They are super picker uppers when everything else is going haywire. I'm so happy your were my leprechaun!

May the Luck o' the Irish be with you all throughout the year!

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Number One Angel Jeanette! I am so embarassed to have copied your name down wrong. Thank Heaven you have a good postman who overcame my "Gardenweb fatigue" or "repetitive Gardenweb disorder." We're lucky I didn't address it to Jeanette Iowa. LOL

Glad you enjoyed your surprises and of course Alli too. I will email you the recipe, very easy and very worthy of any drooling canine. I have a few recipes I can send if Alli is in the mood for variety. Of course, it goes without saying, that she deserves nothing but the best!

I can't believe I threw in the glasses holder. It was green- that was the clincher that gained it box entry. I hope you wear glasses!

Beth, you are so nice to call me a doll. But I am having a really bad hair day...again... so that term does not apply!

Mud Mom, I was equally thrilled to be your Leprachaun. Great to hear the plants are in Carolina soil. I was worried that they didn't arrive in good shape. Sorry I didn't have anything tropical to offer you except the 'Tropicales' candies. Close, but no cigar...
    I don't worry about leaks; oh no not me! Ever since Carol's box leaked I double or triple-bag everything even remotely moist!
    So sorry to hear of your crises. Take each hour at a time if you have to- you can do it for an hour. It will all get done and work out.

I hope you get a chance to rest and recoup on your trip- I agree, preparing for a trip often doesn't balance out with the rewards of actually taking it for me. I must be the Queen of Home Bodies. Can't wait to get home to my pets, my family, my home, my plants: not necessarily in that order ; )

Happy Easter all you Leprachauns. I hope someone is looking out for Granny Marsh! She honored me with such an outstanding substitute Valentine package for which I am eternally grateful.
    Poochella

• beth_b_kodiak
    19 years ago

Package mailed to Grannie Marsh on Wed, afternoon, There is a confirmation number somewhere in the fly nest. I'll locate it if there is no package at her door by the time I get home tomorrow. It's not Easter, It's sure not ST Patty but it IS Happy Spring. Don't give up the ship Marsha!
    BB

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thankyou Poochey and Beth, you are both A+ leprechauns, only one leprechaun got an F. She is usually a good trader so I am afraid there is something wrong, sorry granny I will try to get something out to you also. I am a bit slow this month. and always. thankyou special little green people.
    you are the best.

• grannymarsh
    19 years ago

Well, my ship came in on Saturday. Thank you, Special Someone for the lovely surprise. There was like a bazillion good things in the package. TWO tubes of body cream from Bath & Body works, Mango Mandarin (A really great aroma) and Juniper Breeze; 3 boxes of tic tacs, Votive candle 'Sage & Citrus' (very fresh smelling); Gardening gloves, (new gloves for a new season); an adorable bunny figurine; a garden medallion/plaque "Welcome To My Garden"; a chocolate Crab; a bag of chocolate candies, AND a real live honest-to-gosh growing plant- Lemon Balm. It arrived in great condition , ready to go, well, maybe I'll wait for the snow to melt.
    Thanks again for thinking of me. I am enjoying my surprise.

Marsha

• garden_fever_girl
    19 years ago

Heather, just wanted you to know I got my package like I expected the very next day-- the 22nd, I believe it was. It was snowy and freezing cold -- very drizzly and dreary, and your package brightened my day! All kinds of great goodies were in it, some flower seeds which I was really excited about and enough White Trumpet Lily seeds to well - I don't know that I've ever seen so many seeds! I got plant markers, a woodpecker magnetic notepad, a cute little peeking froggy that I will hide in my garden once it is safe and snow free, bookmark, and I know there were other goodies in the package too that I'm forgetting. Thanks Veeja for a very well organized swap and hopefully next go around my life won't be so hectic, so that I can be a better trader and be on time. I graduate from college this quarter and will hopefully have less chaos in my life!! Well, just wanted to say thanks!

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

Still nothing from my partner :( But as I stated above a great box from Poochella--OR-- Goddess Poochella as Alli calls her after her great cookie pkg-haha!
    Just posting as you asked Carol--
    Jeanette

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

She says she has mailed it, Granny your pkg was from super leprechaun Beth, not your real one. she is still not playing fair. bad leprechaun.

• grannymarsh
    19 years ago

Way-to-GO Super Leprechaun Beth !!! Thanks a bunch. Love the plant!!!!!!!!! unexpected gifts are just the BEST.

Marsha

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Number one angel: "Goddess of Canine Love" was one of the many nicknames for my former dog from which my GW name is derived. So Alli is right on track- glad she liked her little treats. You can thank Granny Marsh for the peanut butter recipe- all the dogs in our area love them!

Thanks Carol/Veeja for running a really fun swap. I hate to put away all my leprachaun decorations, but I guess it's time.
    Poochella

• beth_b_kodiak
    19 years ago

Hi Marsha, glad you liked the plant It was new too me so I got one for myself also. It smells good and I enjoy varegated plants, good for color even when they are not blooming.
    Sending to you was a pleasure hope to get to do another swap with you sometime. BB

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

A package came to me today from over the rainbow --my leprachaun Plantluver found me!!! What a wonderful surprise and a whole boxful of wonderful gifts!!!! Gloves-windsock-windchime-butterfly gardenstake--mini greenhouse and seeds seeds seeds!!!AND 2 wonderful and interesting plants that I've never seen before-I know how to plant the succulant--but how do I care for the plumearia?? I will email you!
    You made a cold rainy spring day feel warm and sunny Janice--Thank you for remembering me!!!!
    And to you Carol-thanks for all the hard work you do to make these swaps work!!
    Jeanette

• annieup
    19 years ago

i have not heard if Plantluver received her box. would like to hear that she received it okay, and i would like to thank carol also. this was my first event in GW, and was alot of fun. thank you, neoma (annieup)

• veeja11
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Last I heard, plantluver knew her pkg was at the p.o. but had to go pick it up. she must have gotten it, or I would think you would have gotten it back. thankyou for being a good lil green person. It was great only one bad one. thankyou to all of you who played so fair. It is a pleasure when you have good people in a swap. thankyou all

• Plant_luver
    19 years ago

Sorry Annie,
    I've been offline for awhile changing ISP. Gosh I love Road Runner. Yes I did get your wonderful package but the return address on the package was damaged and I couldn't make out the name on your note. Thank you very much for the wonderful gifts. Some of my weaknesses are poppouri and scented candles so I will be in aroma heaven for quite awhile. I feel some nice relaxing bath time coming. Of course, I adore the garden stakes and chimes and will be busy planting all the seeds you sent. Thanks again for your wonderful gifts.
    Jan...

• annieup
    19 years ago

jan, am so very relieved you received it ok. i was worried that it didn't reach you with the address confusion, and was also concerned because we didn't hear from you. i am very happy you liked everything. as i said before this was my first garden web exchange, i had so much fun filling that box i wanted to keep it!! please enjoy. thank you for responding jan. neoma