Software
Houzz Logo Print
wren_gw

Lots going on!

21 years ago

I haven't seen any posts about the wonderful garden events going on this weekend, so I thought I would come out of lurkdom and post about it. LOL

Two years ago I found out through a post here about the first annual Bloomsday Festival at the UT Trial Gardens. I went, not expecting much for its first year. It was FANTASTIC! So was last year. I have already looked at the schedule of talks for this year and will have to go both saturday and Sunday to get in all the ones I want to go to. Plus they have plants to buy, live music, garden related booths, activities for the kids...It is well worth the $8 ticket price. That lets you attend both days. (It is $10 if you wait and buy your ticket at the gate to the gardens.)

The other event is the Daylily Festival at Oakes Daylily Farm in Corryton. It will be held Friday and Saturday. This will be my 6th year attending it. They give you a free daylily, and there are chances to win $100 daylilies. Every year I go thinking I will just get my free lily, soak in the beauty of the fields of blooming lilies, and just have a fun day. Every year they have such good deals on already dug lilies that I usually come home with my free one plus 6 to 10 others. I need to make several new beds!!!

I usually try to wear my Garden Web T-shirt in case any other GW people are there. So, if you go, look for a rather round woman in a GW shirt, wearing either a red cloth hat or a straw gardening hat and you will find this long time lurker.

Wren

(Ginny)

Comment (1)

Sponsored