Software
Houzz Logo Print
greengardener_gw

Know any good landscape designers?

20 years ago

I need help with our backyard! We have a nice open space with a good mix of sunny and shady spots but I REALLY need some help getting started. I have a vision and I know what I do and don't like (in general), but I need a patient person with lots of good experience to come to my house and look at the yard, and then help me put together a plan or a picture so that I have a place to start with some garden beds, retaining walls, privacy trees, and more.

I am too much of a beginner to know what I'm doing, but if I get ONE more cool garden catalog in my mailbox that is FULL of pretty plants and flowers, I am liable to just dive right in!! =) I can hardly resist! (Is this a common illness for new gardeners? Ha-Ha!)

I would love to hear from you if you know the perfect person for this mission! Or, if anyone has advice about what I should look for, what I should expect to pay for a consultation, or questions that I should ask before I meet with someone, I would welcome that too. I called a local garden center last week and was asked by the girl who answered the phone (who sounded slightly rushed) if I would like for a "Landscape Architect", or a "Plant Designer", or a "Landscape Designer" to call me back? (Ahhhh??!!) What's my answer??!

Thank you for any suggestions! =)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio