Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mccastle_weber

Tree identification help?

mccastle.weber
9 years ago

Hi! I stumbled upon this beautiful tree and needed help identifying it. Does anyone have a clue as to what It is? I'm in central FL!

This post was edited by mccastle.weber on Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 16:21

Comments (6)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

Brugmansia.

• tropicbreezent
    9 years ago

They like a cool climate, but not frozen. And can grow into a very large shrub, or small tree.

• garyfla_gw
    9 years ago

Hi
    You can get these in many growth habits as well as colors in single double even triple flowering . Several choices of aromas some overpowering lol one of the worlds most spectacular plants for sure gary

• Donna339
    9 years ago

This plant is also known as Angel Trumpet.

• steiconi
    9 years ago

Brugmansia do well in Hawaii; the one I had in California froze. My favorites are the double pinks.
    They also come in white, purple, and your lovely peach.

All parts of the plant are poisonous. There is an urban legend that the seeds will get you high, and many kids get sick from trying it.

• Jason J
    9 years ago

The kids get Datura and Brugmansia confused. Seeing that most kids looking for a high are not smart enough to research what they take....they get them confused....because they both have identical flowers except one points up and one hangs. A hallucinogen can be made from datura but as with most plants, you need to know what you are doing when making the tea. Brugmansia, sent me to the hospital once, as I picked some flowers, and the sap got under my finger nails...while chewing on my nails, I ended up getting crazy sick with non stop vomiting, which sent me into the er....trying to explain to the doc, that I was not attempting to get high from the plant was impossible. They are gorgeous flowers but it is a plant, I highly suggest people stay away from.