Software
Houzz Logo Print
srob_gw

New home construction list

19 years ago

Would anyone have an example of a spreadsheet list that list everything that goes into a new home. I am trying to price out all interior components of a new home. I have a small list started like # of interior doors, door knobs, flooring, cabinents, faucets, but I am sure I am leaving some vital components out. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (87)

  • 19 years ago

    Can I bother someone for a copy of this? We are just getting ready to break ground...

    Thanks
    mikebanders@msn.com

  • 19 years ago

    So as not to convince "onlygirlsmom" NEVER offer to e-mail anything else ever again, could someone please forward this to me at: lcyrus@shumanlaw.com

    Thanks so much!!! :-)

  • 19 years ago

    I would also love to have this for reference if someone would forward it to me. Thanks! amandasnipes@yahoo.com

  • 19 years ago

    I swear, I leave the room for a minute and look what happens! :)
    I think I have everyone covered at this point, please let me know if you did not receive the spreadsheet.

    It really is no problem, this forum has been a godsend! Don't know what I would have done without it! Just happy to be able to give back :)

  • 19 years ago

    I'd love it, too, from anyone willing to send it, and I promise to forward it along.
    klarson56@aol.com

  • 19 years ago

    Onlygirlsmom,

    We're in the planning stages now, and I'm trying to get my wife more into the nuts and bolts issues (pulling teeth comes to mind) but she's not quite sure where to start.

    She is a spreadsheet junkie, however, and would take to this like the proverbial duck to water. So if it's not too much bother....!

    Thanks

    errlin@box49.com

    PS I'm presently building my daughters house away from home, so could you also cc: it to

    bpad@box49.com

    Again thanks - now get back to work on your house!

  • 19 years ago

    onlygirlsmom--

    maybe the last plea for your spreadsheet
    thanks for the help
    my page takes emails...

  • 19 years ago

    me too, me too please
    a_m_kruger@hotmail.com

  • 19 years ago

    You are too kind to do this for everyone. Could you add me to your list? Thanks so much.

    ltstrack@yahoo.com

  • 19 years ago

    I'm just catching up on old messages here at GW that I've missed these past few weeks and hope that someone here could also forward me a copy, please? Thank you!

    bobleilani @ gmail . com

  • 19 years ago

    Can I get a copy too? Thanks and have a great day!
    muddyaggie@yahoo.com

  • 19 years ago

    Could I please get a copy too? Thanks in advance!
    fourR@door.net

  • 19 years ago

    If someone would be so kind and send a copy to me. Thanks a million!

    rar1mail@gmail.com

  • 19 years ago

    Check with any mortgage lender - they should have a cost breakdown report typically used for construction financing.

  • 19 years ago

    Would you please send me a copy aswell? I'm about to start a build on my own lot and the more help the better.

    deman_3000@yahoo.com

    Thank you
    -D

  • 19 years ago

    I hate to even ask at this point but could I too please have a copy. Thanks so much

    dallgower@cox.net

  • 19 years ago

    sorry to beg, but just found this forum, and am so thankful! If someone could email me a copy, I would be so grateful!

    jennykoong(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • 19 years ago

    Would someone send me a copy of this .. PLEASE!!!

    babelphissh@gmail.com

    Thankssss sooo much!!

  • 19 years ago

    As someone who is not even weathertight and 100% over budget I would really appreciate a copy! My buiid and builder are truly testing my patience. We currently have engineering issues, all because i wanted morning sunshine in my kitchen.

    mrybeth851@aol.com

  • 19 years ago

    Can I add my name to the list of people wanting the spreadsheet? Thanks tons! samac52@msn.com

  • 19 years ago

    Can i get a copy too? appreciate it greatly!

  • 19 years ago

    oops forgot to give you my e-mail
    llustikm@coe.neu.edu

  • 19 years ago

    If it really isn't too much trouble I'd love a copy. We get our plans back on Friday and will be going out for bids soon (i hope).

    Thank you,

    catjew@msn.com

  • 19 years ago

    I hate to ask, but could you please send it to me also? Thanks so much, and congratulations on becoming the new prom queen.

    firecaptq6@yahoo.com

  • 19 years ago

    I would love a copy also.

    bam77007@aol.com

    Thank you for being so kind.

  • 19 years ago

    I would love a copy too! Thank you so much for sharing. :o)

    phogan16@comcast.net

  • 19 years ago

    Hi onlygirls mom! I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the spreadsheet. You said you are working on getting the old house onto the market and hope to break ground this summer? That is where we were this time last year. I thought you might appreciate this perspective since you have 5 pretty young kids also...

    We sold our house in July, bought a used 3 bedroom trailer, and moved out to our building site. Didn't get started building until February (And let me tell you - NOT building is MUCH more frustrating than the actual building). Part of that was trying to get an exact handle on how much things were going to cost. We finally just took a deep breath, said a prayer, and jumped in. It is so cool to actually see the house going up behind us, and being right on the building site is such a blessing. We have a full basement, and depending on how the actual build $$$ goes it will be finished or unfinished. I can live with either. This build has been like much of the rest of our financial life - just so much to work with and that means choices.

    Anyway, just wanted to tell you thanks again, and keep us posted on your progress.

  • 19 years ago

    ok - I think I have everyone covered. Again, if I missed you, please let me know and I'll get another copy sent off to you.

    lbc - I can only hope we sell our house that fast! I would much rather live in a trailer/rental/whatever and know that the "selling the house" piece of the puzzle is done than worrying about having 2 mortgage payments at the end of the tunnel! When the day comes when we finally comes that we are actually breaking ground, I'll probably be a blubbering idiot b/c of all time I already have invested into the house. For now I'll just have to live vicariously through you and the others on here who are in the middle of their builds :)

  • 19 years ago

    Ok, late as usual ... I'd appreciate a copy too if you still have fingers.

    jerry5453@netscape.net

    Thanks

  • 19 years ago

    Me too please!!! I'm really late! I'd really appreciate it, sounds like JUST what I need.

    jlauren26@aol.com

  • 19 years ago

    I hope this is a very good list.

  • 19 years ago

    onlygirlsmom.. Thank you for offering this information. I am hoping you are still emailing out copies. We are getting into the finishing design phase and will soon be exploring items to put in the house. I would LOVE a copy of your excel file. If you are still emailing out copies, then please email to: sttch@aol.com. You have really started something here for sure. Maybe you should publish it or offer it for sale on Ebay for some extra money!

  • 19 years ago

    onlygirlsmom--aka gw homecoming queen, I just read this--could you please send me a copy too???

    Thank you!!

  • 19 years ago

    I have been serching the Web for hours to try to kind a spreadsheet such as this..

    I know you have been asked about a million times but please will someone send to me also
    D.braun28@yahoo.com

  • 19 years ago

    Please add me to the list for a copy as well. I appreciate the info and the generousity in sharing. Thanks!

    the3neufarths@yahoo.com

  • 19 years ago

    Can I have a copy also. I have started a list on the computer and each time I look at it there is something I realize I forgot to include. We are still in the planning stages so the spreadsheet would be great.

    Thank you so much for sharing, everyone who is building or planning to build realizes how many hours you spent thinking of this list and it shows how giving you are to be willing to share.

    thank you again

    sshoes35@bellsouth.net

  • 19 years ago

    If you wouldn't mind Kelly, me too?

    jesguerrapt@yahoo.com

    Thanks!!

  • 19 years ago

    Probably just when you thought you had pressed "send" for the last time - another request. Thank you so much for your time and energy helping others...I hope I can do the same for you

    please send a copy to sharpim@hotmail.com

    and thank you again!

  • 19 years ago

    I would love one too. We are in the design stage and just starting to research all specs. Thank you so much for your generosity here...I am new and am learning so so much by reading all you and others contribute.

    bethcoach@yahoo.com

  • 19 years ago

    Please....I'd like one too.
    kristi@primarycapitalca.com
    Thanks a bunch.

  • 19 years ago

    I hate to ask as well, but it would be nice to see your spreadsheet! Thank-you so much.
    fischbeck8@aol.com

  • 19 years ago

    Talk about a demand for intellectual property...
    could one of you kind folks send me the file too!

    TIA

    Steve
    sbaily.mhs@tuhsd.k12.az.us

  • 19 years ago

    I think I have everyone covered :) If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

    I mentioned this to some of you,but I don't think all...we do not have blueprints/design/architect as one of the categories on this spreadsheet b/c we have paid for all of that out of pocket.
    HTH
    kelly

  • 19 years ago

    Hope I'm not too late, but I'd love to have a copy.

    Many, many thanks!

    Peter

    rumrunner102@yahoo.com

  • 19 years ago

    Take a look @ discoverbuilding.com. There is a spreadsheet you can download for free on their homepage.

    Frank

    Here is a link that might be useful: Home Building Cost Breakdown

  • 19 years ago

    Could you please send the spreadsheet to me also? I just lost mine in a computer crash.

    nadien@meloconcrete.com

    THANKS!

  • 19 years ago

    Could you please send me a copy? mxpx_8@yahoo.com

    I might be able to host it on my website. That way anyone can get it any time!

    Thank yoU!

  • 19 years ago

    We would appreciate receiving a copy. Thank you.

    thecoopers@windstream.net

  • 19 years ago

    Kelly, thanks so much for sending me your spreadsheet! I have a couple that I'd like to share as well and (great idea, xtabi) I've hosted both yours and mine on my home-building website.

    Just go to VineyardAvenue.com then click on "Links" and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the excel spreadsheets available below the GardenWeb logo.

    Hope this helps everyone out and if anyone has something else they'd like to share, just contact me and I'd be glad to post it as a courtesy...that way it saves all the e-mailing back and forth!

    Aloha and ciao,
    Leilani

    Here is a link that might be useful: Click on

  • 19 years ago

    Frank,
    Thanks for mentioning that website, it is one I have not seen before and it has some good info!

    Onlygirlsmom, we are in the planning stages and considering GC'ing the house ourselves. I would love to talk to you via email if you have time. Thanks for sharing your spreadsheet - every bit of new information helps!
    eacastor@netzero.net
    Thanks!