Software
Houzz Logo Print
zackin

Can I use an oven liner on bottom of Electrolux?

13 years ago

Visiting relatives recently told me that they use silicon mats made to put on the bottom of ovens. They said they are similar to Silpats that many use for baking purposes. Nothing sticks and the oven stays clean.

I know that I absolutely cannot use aluminum foil to line the oven floor, but can anyone tell me whether a silicone mat would harm it?

My oven is a brand new Electrolux Wave Touch 30" wall oven.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (7)

  • 13 years ago

    Read your manual - I wouldn't do it unless you get the blessing directly from Elux...

  • 13 years ago

    No, please don't use a liner on the oven bottom. Silicon melts at around 500F, which the oven will reach easily. And don't ever use aluminium foil as a liner, it will melt and you'll never get it off.

    I have the Wave Touch 27". In a year of heavy use, it has performed flawlessly. We never use the self-clean cycle, on the advice of others on this forum as well as the Elux repairman who came to the house to check whether the temperature was correct (it was).

    Cheryl

  • 13 years ago

    I wouldn't use a liner either.

    I have an Elux range, and it's actually really easy to clean off the oven surface with a wet paper towel and a few tiny drops of dishwashing liquid. I've also learned to use a piece of parchment under things like frozen pizza so that they don't drip-- that helps! I think a full 90% of the gunk in my prior oven was from that stuff.

  • 8 years ago

    My mom melted aluminum on the bottom of my new Elux oven - Damaged it permanently. I wanted to cover up the ugly melted aluminum with liner but it seems like you all do not recommend liners at the bottom of our ovens. I’m going to heed your warning.

  • 8 years ago

    DO NOT USE A. LINER. I did that and now have a rust hole in the bottom. There are no parts to replace it and I now have to buy a new double wall oven. I loved this oven too. They should have, DO NOT PUT ANYTHING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE OVEN because I see many people have done the same thing you and I have done. What an awful experience for me. They told me they couldn't find liners to replace mine. I am distraught. I will never buy an Electrolux appliance again and I did love the oven.

  • 4 years ago

    I have the electrolux double oven… love them… I read every word in the manual … it clearly states DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THE BOTTOM OF THE OVENS…. apparently you catcar didn’t read it…. I wouldn’t have any other kind…. I have the cooktop, also also. ALWAYS READ ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ON EVERYTHING! I have had mine for 5 years…… no complaints. GREAT PRODUCTS!!!!!

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions