Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojo40_gw

Blue Star oven failure

jojo40
15 years ago

Helpppp.

After years of overall satisfaction, I'm in despair. Two big holidays have passed with no functioning oven on our 4-year old RCS30. Three visits from the local approved retailer-service company in Kingston NY have failed to correct or even diagnose the problem. Is it the valve or the igniter or both? Both have been sequentially replaced but the oven doesn't cook (broiler does). After the first repair visit, the oven went on then failed in the midst of baking my Thanksgiving pies. (We went out and bought a turkey fryer!)

Nearly $400 in service calls later, the tech returned, practically dismantled the stove, tested every electrical connection but could not figure out the problem. Fortunately (oh me of little faith) I hadn't planned on a Christmas goose and I cooked a paella on the Tuscan Grill in our fireplace.

Any suggestions from all you BS fans out there? Obviously, we're not asking for warranty repair, just a functioning oven. My husband (who made the original choice) is threatening to throw it out and get a Sears stove which would cost less than our useless service calls. Are the service techs just dopes?

Frustrated in NY.

Comments (39)