FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
kurtkampy

Hot potato bag causes fire

Kurtkampy
10 years ago

Hi

I saw some people discussing hot potato bags and how great they are for cooking baked potatoes in the microwave. My sister in law was cooking with one and they smelled something burning. Her husband took the bag to the garage because it smelled bad but he didn't notice any heat coming off the bag. The cotton of the bag must have ignited and half the house burnt down. These bags are not safe and should not be used. Even though the potato might cook fine the bags may ignite also.

Kurt Kampy

Comments (13)