Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sosouper

Looking for a good pull!

sosouper
12 years ago

We are winding down our selections and have to choose pulls. We are going with a brushed nickle knob for the cabinets and need to find pulls for the drawers. Our cabinets are shaker style and we are looking for a contemporary/transitional pull that comes in a variety of sizes so that we only need one pull for our longer drawers. We do not want the pulls that come together like this because my DH has a fear of ripped pants:

http://www.pullsdirect.com/imagebase/resized/220x220/hickoryhardwareimages/pa0226_mb.jpg

I would love to find something moderately priced.

Here is what we were considering from Top Knob but I would like to find something that comes longer (and maybe a bit more contemporary.)

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/images/cabinet_knobs_pulls/topknobs/top-m1140.jpg

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Comments (15)

• prospect711
    12 years ago

We used the Schaub Bistro pulls. They come in many sizes.

We got them through a local supplier. I think it is important to see how they feel in your hand before purchase.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schaub Bistro

• grumpydave
    12 years ago

I almost went with these. Part of the Greenwich line by Hickory Hardware. They look really good in person and are comfortable too. Saw them in person at The Great Indoors.

• Bunny
    12 years ago

Best thread title ever.

• adel97
    12 years ago

Good call on no European style bar pulls. I used them in my bathroom and am replacing them because they constantly catch the cords of my hair dryer and flat iron. I wouldn't want that probem with small appliances in the kitchen.

In my kitchen (contemporary) I used the Top Knobs Princetonian pulls. Love them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Princetonian knobs

• sosouper
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Grumpy Dave: this is exactly what I am looking for. I could only find the 8.8" in the satin nickle and was hoping to find the smaller size as well in the satin. Any suggestions?
    I like the price point.
    Prospect 117: really like your suggestion but the price point is a bit too high.

• badgergal
    12 years ago

I have the Hickory hardware Greenwich pulls in a variety of sizes. On my 36 inch drawers I have the 18 inch pull. On my 24 inch drawers I used the 12 inch pulls and on my cabinets doors I used all 10 inch pulls. I was able to get the pulls at a local hardware store and they discounted them 30 percent off of list so they were no more expensive than online sources and I could get sizes from 3 inches to 18 inches. The 10 inch pulls were $7.27 each. The 12 inch were 16.95 and the 18 inch were 29.39. I love the look of the pulls and they seem to be good quality. Here are a couple of pictures of them.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• grumpydave
    12 years ago

The Great Indoors had three sizes in stock but none as large as badgergal's. Still, it's a good place to see them in person and feel them in hand. knobs4less.com has them in bigger sizes. They also come in stainless steel.

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

On the Greenwich ones, did anyone feel the 3" pulls? Or, the "knobs"?

These look like what I'm looking for also, but wondering if there is finger room in the smaller/shorter pulls?

• grumpydave
    12 years ago

Oops, you wanted smaller sizes. TGI is your place then if there's one near you. They had the 3", 3.75", and 5" pulls at my local store. I saw a couple other pulls elsewhere with a similar look but they didn't feel as good. These have a rounded back that is comfortable on the fingers.

Even though I went with a different pull, I bought them at The Great Indoors as they turned out to be cheaper than the same pulls online. Nice to support the store that let me look and feel before buying.

• sosouper
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You are all so incredibly helpful!

Badgergirl, you are like a rockstar in my book. I LOVE your kitchen and thought you had pulls that ROCKED.

Grumpydave, you don't seem grumpy at all. I love these pulls but can only find the 10" in the satin nickle. Oh well. What did you eventually get for your cabinets?

What do everyone think of this one? It comes in a the sizes I want:

http://www.coolknobsandpulls.com/coolproductsgroup/images/products/f8213-224-Pull-BN-Angle.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

• grumpydave
    12 years ago

If you can't find the right size in satin nickel don't discount the stainless steel models. They pretty much look the same. I've got one sitting right here in front of me and it looks very close to the satin nickel knobs I used. Here's a comparison:

In the end I went with these Essential'Z pulls by Amerock. They look a little like bar pulls from the front which is why I didn't suggest them but they're curved which makes them feel more transitional than hard contemporary. I liked the fact that they were wider than the hole spacing by a couple inches which worked out well for my drawers. They also have a little more finger clearance which is helpful on the shallow top drawers (5 piece front with flat panel). The flat front looks nice and the back is rounded for comfort. Again, I saw a look-a-like somewhere else but the back was flat and the hard corners were uncomfortable on the fingers.

• colorfast
    12 years ago

we have the wrought iron version of this pull but my mom has a similar one in sort of shiny nickel/steel look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock pull

• hanibi
    12 years ago

I used this pull by Rusticware because I wanted something that does not taper at the ends and without the sharp angles. Photo shows the brushed nickel version, we got the pewter finish.

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

Thanks Dave! That picture was helpful for me (of the satin knob v. stainless pull). Many thanks!

• sosouper
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you again for you suggestions. We stopped by a local cabinet store and they had Amerock on display and found what we were looking for. It comes in a few sizes so we only need one pull on the larger drawers.

http://www.amerockforless.com/index.cfm/product/5511/amerock-160mm-pull-blackrock-satin-nickel

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock Blackrock