Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

'If you chase two rabbits, both will escape.'

alisande
16 years ago

Focus. It's always been a big problem for me, and it manifests itself in more than one area. Writing, for instance. Instead of focusing on one or two projects and applying myself until they're done, I usually have a bunch of things going at once. Sometimes this works, and sometimes it's counterproductive.

Lack of focus in the house shows up all over the place, from failure to focus on a specific area and keep at it till it's done, to the high level of distractibility I exhibit most of the time unless I make the effort to stop it. And then there's all the things I find interesting, and want to do. Sometimes they're a nice enough idea, but not when I already have too much to do. And not when the activity requires buying more stuff.

Some years ago I learned to breathe properly at a holistic health center. It was suggested that we do a body scan periodically through the day to ensure that no muscle groups were tight, and breath was moving as it should. I was thinking that some of us (like me!) would do well to do a scan of another type once in a while to evaluate our focus, boundaries, and whatever other terms you might use to define the qualities that go into keeping ourselves on the organizational track.

I keep a running To Do list on my computer. Comparing the list of things I should do to what I've actually been doing recently gives me a good idea of how close (or shockingly far away) I am to the track.

Scanning.......

Comments (4)