Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikie3

Chrome faucets and ORB lighting?

mikie3
14 years ago

I am choosing finishes for our new build. The hardware throughout the house and the kitchen faucet will be ORB. I had planned on ORB light fixtures throughout as well, but chrome plumbing fixtures in the bathrooms mostly because I wanted a pedestal tub in the master which only came with chrome fixtures. Now I am wondering if this will look right. The shower fixtures have already been ordered in chrome, so it looks like it is too late to switch to ORB for the other bathroom fixtures. Should I order light fixtures in a light metal finish for the bathrooms and ORB everywhere else, or stick with my original plan of ORB throughout? I really appreciate any advice.

Comments (10)

• dgo1223
    14 years ago

Well, I don't know just how *right* others feel about it, but I have chrome vanity, and tub & shower fixtures, and ORB lighting from ceiling & lighting over vanity. I think it looks fine. Some people prefer to match totally, though.

• Olychick
    14 years ago

I have the same questions in my bath, but have purchased ORB lights and mirror and have brushed nickel everything else. Not installed yet, but soon, so we will see! But I was looking at the finished bathrooms thread and noticed how great Monicacm's and AnnKathryn's bathrooms are with mixed finishes. They are both terrific, so I am less worried now. Check it out: Would love to see your finished bath thread

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished bath thread

• clady77
    14 years ago

I have ORB lights, towel bars, accessories and door handles, but chrome bath faucets and shower...I have no problems with the look and I think I have pretty good taste. Like I said in another post, ORB in a few years is going to look dated like the gold and brass...so better safe than sorry now. I think its easier to change out lights and handles vs. plumbing since I am single and don't know how to do plumbing LOL!

• jjam
    14 years ago

I think chrome faucets are classic. They can mix and mingle with other finishes in the room very well.

• justgotabme
    14 years ago

Ditto jjam. I couldn't have said it better.

• monicakm_gw
    14 years ago

Well, I was going to say I mixed finishes and think it looks great but I see olychick already mentioned my bathroom (and thanks for the compliment olychick!) My lighting and faucets are brushed nickle. My cabinetry hardware and door handles are orb. BTW, my kitchen faucet and all the doorknobs in the rest of the house are orb.
    Monica

• pps7
    14 years ago

What a timely post! We are getting ready to finalize our lighting fixtures. Plumbing has already been ordered in chrome. I love chrome plumbing fixtures but do not care for chrome light fixtures. I'm happy to see it's okay to go with ORB!

• jolynna
    14 years ago

My vanity hardware and lights are ORB and my faucets and shower hardware are chrome. I don't have mirrors because I decided at the last minute that I wanted framed instead of unframed. We are waiting now from the new mirrors to come in. My bath hardware isn't in yet either.

• graywings123
    14 years ago

If it were my house, I would get chrome light fixtures for the bathroom, but I don't think there is a wrong decision here.