Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andtrevmommy

Stonescapes mini pebble color

andtrevmommy
13 years ago

What choice will give me a blue color? I don't want green or brown tint. Just nice clear blue pool.

Comments (6)

• poolguynj
    13 years ago

Almost any of them, from a distance. It's up close that plaster colors are visible.

Scott

• jenno_tx
    13 years ago

I have the Mauve mini pebble and we love the color. I thought I'd share since you probably won't see or find many of this color:

• andtrevmommy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Your pool looks great. The color is so blue. I would have never thought that with mauve. Now you got me thinking. Have to pick a color in two days.

• jenno_tx
    13 years ago

Hi andtrevmommy! I really love our Mauve stonescapes mini. I agonized over that decision (along with many others, but probably most about that one selection) and it's the only decision I have not had any regrets about. We looked at several pools our PB had done with stonescapes including midnight blue, tahoe blue, caribbean blue and the mauve. I was originally leaning towards midnight blue, but when I saw one in person I didn't like the way the stones looked, the blue/red pebbles reminded me of fish tank gravel and my husband felt it produced a bit too dark of a water color for his taste (I still LOVE midnight blue stonescape pools though), tahoe blue then came close to being it but I kept having doubts, the pools we saw with tahoe blue were a little less deep in color and ever so slightly twinged with green. The mauve is kinda crazy, check out my original thread, the plaster process was insane, BARNEY EXPLODED in my pool, but the water color is interesting, different, very pretty in my opinion and many of our visitors have commented on the gorgeous water color. We love it. I will warn you, I'm not a fan of seeing the mauve stonescapes close up at the top of the water, it's pinkish to me on steps, that is why we did the flagstone beach entry and why we placed the steps and bench where we did.

Just my 2 cents. I LOVE the mauve! Would do it again in a heartbeat! I'm not in love with the water color after dark with the lights on, it's boring and greenish....I wish we had done the led (?) lights to spice up the color after dark. :)

• mommy25
    10 years ago

Okay so now several years down the road any regrets on the mauve StoneScapes? I really love your pool and am considering the mauve color!

• ashonthego
    6 years ago

I know this post is old but I really want to see if jenno_tx will respond - I can't find any good photos of a mauve mini pebble pool and I would really like to see them! I hope you see this and can re-upload the photos :)