Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bev2009

Asain wallhanging

bev2009
11 years ago

I finished piecing my DD's quilt.

The photo's colors are NOT true. I'll try again during the day. Now I have to quilt it! I have some shiny Sulky silk/rayon in gold that I thought would be very pretty. Can I quilt with that type of thread? I have wax that I could use. I don't know exactly how I will quilt it yet, but will do it by hand. The quilt came out larger than I expected (I never really measured it during planning). I just asked by daughter if it was too big for her tiny place and she said yes, but she is moving in six months, so will probably wait until then to hang. So it gives me plenty of time to finish. I will cut the backing and set it aside until I get DD #2's quilt started and finished by Jan 6th.

Comments (7)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Very nice, Bev! I think you could quilt with the Sulky thread since it's a wall hanging. I think the lustrous gold thread will be beautiful!

Donna

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Lovely Bev...I think the the sulky gold thread will work perfectly! Looking forwarding to seeing the finished quilt.
    V.

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Very pretty, Bev. I love Asian prints and hope to do a quilt in them one of these days. That was a great pattern to showcase some of the larger print fabrics. I'm glad your daughter will have room to hang it in her new place.

• Kristene Smith
    11 years ago

I love Japanese prints and anything Asian. Your quilt is looking fabulous.
    Kristene

• bev2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for your kinds words. I hate to set it aside, but DD#2 was suppose to get a quilt for Christmas, too. So tomorrow I hope to start on hers before I go to work. This will be a totally different quilt, white border and sashing with stripes of bricks in primary colors. She got the inspiration from the quilt book, "City Lights". It should stitch up really quickly.

• fran1523
    11 years ago

So pretty. You must have had fun collecting those fabrics.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Oooh! Pretty. I love it and I'll bet she will too.