Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Patriotic Welcome

pezabelle
15 years ago

Hi Again, I painted this during the time I spent last week with my SG. He did his homework and I painted.

The pattern is one by Mary Jo Tuttle and I found that it is really hard to find patriotic ribbon during Feduary. After looking at it hanging think I will go back and shade the area between the wooden star and the banner....big area of nothing!

Belle

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Belle, I love it! You hadn't mentioned that you got in some painting time while with your GS. That's great. You sure did a good painting job on this one, all your lining and shading look perfect. I like how you have it hanging too. I like Mary Jo Tuttle's designs too, but don't have any of her books--strange huh? Guess I just never ran across them while shopping for books. Luvs

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

I love the sign.Perfect job!! I like Mary Jo Tuttle too, but have never painted any of her design, and don't think I have any of her books. I like Americana!! You did a wonderful job painting this. Keep painting!!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Another Americana fan here too! What a great sign and all your shading is just perfect. I like how you have it hung too. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Belle,

That big area of nothing is so cool when you sit back and really stare, it almost looks like tromp l' oeil painting. Take another look and let me know what you think. Another great project. Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the kinds words and the input! I guess we all are to critical of our own work.

The auction plaque actually sold for $39.00! Would you believe! Dh said that two women just kept out bidding each other.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Wow! That was a fantastic price, Belle, you must be so proud. Great job! Luvs

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Belle, this is really lovely. I agree with Punk, the banner on the bottom actually looks curved. You did a great job. I hope you are hanging this inside and not outside, smile!

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Your painting is really great. Your shading is perfect! And the whole painting is done very neatly. I love it.
    B