Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

Annoying pop up ad won't let me use Ipad!!

breezygirl
12 years ago

An annoying pop up ad is blocking my ability to use GW on my IPad!!!! Everytime I click a text box, a new window opens with stupid, stupid ad!!! Is there any way to make it stop? It's all clear on my PC.

Comments (7)

• cindaintx
    12 years ago

I'm using my iPad and not seeing the ad, although I know there are lots of annoying differences using it (didn't even know apple boycotted flash until I couldn't see lots of stuff!)
    Maybe try deleting your history?

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    12 years ago

Hmm, I also have no problems posting here with my ipad. Are you waiting for the page to fully load? I haven't noticed it here so much, but I know I've run into other sites that are very sneaky so that if you click to enter text before the page fully loads, you're really clicking an ad that will appear above the text area when the page load is completed.

• njannrosen
    12 years ago

I don't have a problem with my IPad either. When all else fails, I reset and it usually solves the problem. Hold down the power on top and the start on front (whatever you call the dimple on the front) until it turns off then turn back on as normal

The Adobe flash situation keeps the IPad from being perfect. I hope they comet an agreement soon..

• breezygirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I'm waiting for the page to load completely. It actually shows up in the screen at the start of the page load and doesn't go away after it's loaded. It stopped soon after my op, then it's been off and on.

The Apple/Flash issue is bothersome, but I'm so glad to be able to sit curled up in my chair with DH and be online with the iPad that I overlook that quirk. A resolution would be nice though!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    12 years ago

>I hope they comet an agreement soon..

I think it's pretty obvious where that's heading when adobe starts coming out with developer tools to let developers convert flash based content to HTML 5 instead.

One thing, for many commercial sites with flash content (like big box stores or news sites) there's often an app you can download to use instead that gives you access to the same content. I don't care for this trend, since I'd rather access the whole internet via a browser, but this seems to be the way things are going with portable devices.

I hate flash and I think it's used stupidly for no reason on about 85% of the sites that use it, but I agree it's vexing not to have it on iOS.

breezy, if you see a thumbnail for that page, then it's cached and you'll keep seeing it. Try emptying the cache/history (in settings>safari) and see if that helps.

• breezygirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Writersblock. I'll remember to do that now that I know how. I never really thought about it, but Flash is overused.

• Fori
    12 years ago

Next time, Android!