Software
Houzz Logo Print
logans66

Are the white subway tiles 4" x 16" like the clean lines of the shower

11 years ago
Cliff Road Area - Nantucket · More Info

Comments (17)

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    That depends on the manufacture of the subway tile and how uniform the edges and individual sizes are - the more exact the tiles, the cleaner the lines will be. If I misunderstood your question, please let me know.
  • 11 years ago
    I was wanting to know the size of the subway tiles you used in the wall of the shower - thanks!
  • 11 years ago
    thanks so much - the shower is beautiful! Love your work
  • 11 years ago
    Johnathan, I have seen this in some other pictures, but never explained well enough . I want to replicate this in my new shower, but I'm wondering what sheet sizes you used here. Were they full think sheets specific for each wall or did yall have seems?
  • 11 years ago
    Just found my answer. I think I can speak for all of and say thank you for explaining every detail so well!
  • 11 years ago
    What is the ceiling? Is it wood?
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    The ceiling like the walls are 1x8 ship lap fabricated from Poplar wood with a 1/8" space between each board. This type of wood is commonly used for paint grade interior finish work. The area inside the shower is Corian fabricated to match the wood walls on the left and right.

  • 11 years ago

    that's great....but I'm trying to understand how the wood would stand up on the shower walls?

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    The wood on the ceiling will not be a problem as long as there is proper ventilation and the painter did a great prep job using proper primers and finish paint suitable for wet locations.

  • 11 years ago
    What color is the corian? How was it attached to the walls? I love it! Thank you!
  • 11 years ago
    What color is the corian? How was it attached to the walls? I love it! Thank you!
  • 9 years ago
    How does the expense of using corian on the walls compare vs marble?
  • 9 years ago
    Is the shower floor marble?
  • 6 years ago

    Jonathan. Thanks so much for sharing the details. I love the shower!

  • 5 years ago

    Love this look!! Thank you so much for explaining how you did it! Amazing!!!