Software
Houzz Logo Print
I love the taps/faucet through mirror idea and am trying to get it fitted for my nely renovated home. However, the glass supplier (and many others) strongly recommends I do not do this as they say the mirror will crack from the pressure of turning the taps on and off etc. I see this design idea quite often so am wondering how true this is?
William Hefner Architecture Interiors & Landscape · More Info

Comments (2)

  • 15 years ago
    I would say as long as the piping doesn't come in contact with the glass, it should be o.k.
  • 15 years ago
    They're fools.
    No faucet handle increases the pressure on the substrate they're mounted on when the valve is closed - otherwise we'd all have cracked countertops and tiles.

    Find a different supplier who will work with you and knows what they're talking about.